Topic: Substitute alternate chords into a song in My Songbook?

I would love to be able to go to a song, view the alternate fingering for a chord and substitute a different version of it into the version of the song I keep in my songbook. For example, adding a bar chord version of a chord when most all other chords in the song are bar chords would be a nice feature.

Any thoughts about that?

Re: Substitute alternate chords into a song in My Songbook?

It would be a great feature, and actually not very complicated. I will look into it. It is on my todo list.

Hi

I am interested in this feature too. Would it also be possible to individually select each chord, change it to whatever variation you want and also change the view to show either the name of the chord or the graphical representation ? Eg: Click for variation, and right click for view option ?

Anything happening with this?  I'm kind of a guitar noob, and this could really help with the practicing / knowledge base.  Love the site BTW.

Both the features suggested here are now implemented. Thanks for the brilliant suggestions...:)

I am very pleased with the chord-variation-redefinition (or whatever I should call it). I think this will be very useful. Hope you all think the same.

The "replace chord names with chord grids" looks fancy, but I am not sure if I will be using that one myself. Please give me feedback on this. Can it be implemented differently? How does it run on slow computers (the javascript for doing this is really heavy...)?

Hi Per,
I had a look at this chord grid instead of named cords. I agree with you, it is not something I wil be using, but maybe because I dont need it. If I dont know a chord and I cannot cheat then I would learn it.
Saying that, it might help some people, it looks like the grids gete in the way of he lyrics to me though.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Could you send me links to songs where you are having problems? And with what browser. It is still an experimental feature. Expect it to take some time before everything works.

Did you check out the chord variations as well, Upyerkilt?

8 (edited by upyerkilt 2007-05-19 07:59:49)

right, I have farted about with this a bt more and not even had breakfast yet,lol.

I found a song that was ok with the chord grids. all the lyrics moved to allow room for the grids and looked quite good.
here http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … 0553.html#
is what I see a lot especially songs in my songbooks, although I have not went through them all.
That song was not in my songbook so it is happening outwith.
this happens on explorer but seems ok on firefox.

I did try the chord variation. IT is a great feature, I can see me using this a lot. I can find no fault with it on explorer or firefox.
one thing about it though. it took me a few minutes to realise ( even though it tell you to click on the cord variation you want) that you click on the variation you want and the other chords will show along with the variation you want.
I was looking at the variations at first without clicking on them and wated it to go back to the original so I hit BACK and that took me back to te menu. But that is nt really a problem.

hope this helps

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

You are right. IE messes up this feature. I did not test after my last change. I am disabling this for now.