Topic: "Nothin"

I did a recording of a Townes Van Zandt song "Nothin" today. I used my new guitar J-45 and miked it with a new mic I just purchased it is a condensor mic but it is the pencil type an Audix ADX51 . I had it aimed at about a 45 degree angle at the 14th fret about 6 inches away . I didn't use a pick. I used a dynamic mic for the vocal a sennheiser 845. I recorded into a Presonus Audiobox USB. I didn't add any effects to the guitar.

Couldn't remember all the verses , so I just winged it and it got cut a little short. I just wanted to see how the guitar and mic worked.

Here it is if you would like to check it out smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW1shDPUBC4

Later, Wayne P

Re: "Nothin"

Hi Wayne,

I have not heard that song before but it is one I am now going to learn. A great recording and your new baby sounds wonderful, I hope you have many happy years together.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Sounds great Wayne.  Good base.  I want one.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks Roger,
Yes this is a great song but kind of a downer song like most of his work. I left out about 3 verses , was just wingin a few songs and this one come out , as much as I could remember anyway.

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Wayne,

I have not heard that song before but it is one I am now going to learn. A great recording and your new baby sounds wonderful, I hope you have many happy years together.

Roger

Later, Wayne P

Thanks Pete,

I thought the guitar really has good balance and comes through nice , without a pick.

bensonp wrote:

Sounds great Wayne.  Good base.  I want one.

Later, Wayne P

Sounds like you and the "J" are fast friends and off to a good start. Great stuff as always. Love that song too!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello