The word inferno, and similar words, have several meanings. It came via Italian from Latin infernus, which means "being underneath".
- Inferno, an alternate word for Hell, a place or a state of painful suffering according to many religious beliefs
- Inferno, is an alternate word for a large Fire
- Inferno (broomball), the name of an American broomball team
- Inferno (operating system), an operating system for creating and supporting distributed services
- Inferno, a brand of Brunswick bowling balls
- Infernus, a Swedish submersible RIB boat (see subskimmer)
- Inferno, the first volume of Dante Alighieri's The Divine Comedy
- Inferno (DC Comics), a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes published by DC Comics
- Inferno (Doctor Who), a serial in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who
*Inferno (Exemplar), a supervillain in Marvel Comics.
- Inferno (Marvel Comics), a crossover in which the X-Men battled demons led by Jean Grey's...