"Scissor Sisters" are a glam-rock band with influences drawn from disco, pop and the gay-club scene of New York City, and was named after a lesbian sex position (see tribadism). (The group's initial full name was "Dead Lesbian and the Fibrillating Scissor Sisters".) The band was formed in 2001.
The members of the band include:
* Lead vocalist Jake Shears (born Jason Sellards);
* Bassist/keyboardist Babydaddy (born Scott Hoffman);
* Vocalist/Mistress of Ceremonies Ana Matronic (born Ana Lynch);
* Guitarist Del Marquis (born Derek Gruen);
* Drummer Paddy Boom (born Patrick Secore).
Live shows and performances have included John "JJ" Garden, son of Graeme Garden of The Goodies, on keyboards/guitar.
The nucleus of the band formed in 2001 when Shears and Babydaddy connected via mutual friends, and began to play music together. The duo met Ana Matronic at a cabaret night, and the group soon began playing gigs. After becoming a quintet, the band was signed to independent record label "A Touch of Class", and recorded a single, "Electrobix", which had as its B-side a disco/glam cover of the Pink Floyd classic, "Comfortably Numb". http://www.washington...
|years active||2001–Present (time)|
|music genre||Glam Rock, Rock music|