"Supertramp " is a British progressive rock and pop band that had a series of top-selling albums in the 1970s.
Their early music included ambitious concept albums, but they are best known for their later, somewhat Beatlesque pop songs including "Dreamer", "Goodbye Stranger", "Give a Little Bit", and "The Logical Song". Despite chart success the band never attained superstardom in the UK (although they did in Canada, the US, and the rest of Europe); it was remarked at the height of their popularity that ''Supertramp'' was the best-selling group in the world whose members could walk down any street and not be recognised.
* Rick Davies - vocals, keyboards, harmonica;
* Roger Hodgson - vocals, guitars, keyboards;
* Richard Palmer - vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, balalaika;
* Robert Millar - percussion, harmonica;
Members who joined the band after the departure of Palmer/Millar:
* Frank Farrell - harmony vocals, bass, piano, accordion;
* Kevin Currie - percussion;
* Dave Winthrop - vocals, flutes, saxophones;
Members who joined the band later - the Lineup period:
* Dougie Thomson - bass (replaced by Cliff Hugo);
* Bob Sie...
|years active||1969-1988; 1997–present|
|music genre|| Arena rock|
|current members|| Rick Davies|
|past members|| Roger Hodgson|