You Can't Make a Heart Love Somebody George Strait
1. [G] At a table for two with candle lights and [C]wine,
2. reached for his hand and said, "I want you to know,
1. that [D]diamond burning holes in his pocket,
2. I've done everything that I know of
1. thinkin now's the perfect ti[G]me.
2. to make the feeling grow.
1. When he popped the question he could s[G7]ee
2. I've begged and I've pleaded with my heart,
1. the tear drops fill her [C]eyes.
2. but there's no getting through.
1. She said, "[D]I knew this was comin and I'm sorry,
2. My heart's the only part of me
1. but I hope you'll real[G]ize."
2. that's not in love with you."
[G]You can't make a [D]heart love some[Em]body. [G7] You can
[C]tell it what to do,[G] but it won't [D] listen and a[C]ll.
[G]You can't make a [D]heart love some[Em]body. [D] You can
[C]lead a heart to lov[G]e, but you [D]can't make it fa[G]ll.
[D] [C] (2. Then she...)