Hold On Chris de Burgh
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 02:34:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Gunter Kohl
Far beyond these castle walls
by Chris DeBurgh
Year Released: 1974/5
Transcription: Gunter Kohl, email@example.com
This might be a slightly easiert version than the original by Chris de
Burgh. He uses sometimes somehow somechords with 7, 7+ and things like
Please send corrected files to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention, that it is a
better one than this.
Intro: D F# b G A D
1) [D]Somewhere, [F#]a lonely girl lies [b]weeping
2) Sometimes, it may be close to morning
1) A lonely man tries sleeping
2) she thought she heard him calling
1) But he's getting nowhere...
2) But there's nobody there...
And [G]somehow, [E]somehow, he k[A]nows he'[A7]s got to [A]try to
D f# e A
Hold on, somewhere she's crying for him
Hold on, some day her smile will call him
Hold on, there's someone out there trying for him
[G]Somehow, some[E]time, s[A]ome[D]where...
D F# h
3) Somewhere, again she sleeps alone
4) Oh sometimes, she's dreaming of her lover
3) He's reaching for the phone
4) it really can't be over
3) But he's calling no one..
4) We've only just begun...
And [G]somehow, [E]somehow, I k[A]now, I've [A7]got to [A]try to
D f# e A
Hold on, somewhere she's crying for me
Hold on, some day her smile will call me
Hold on, there's someone out there trying for me
G E D f# e A
Somehow, sometime, somewhere ah lalalalalala
D f# e A D f# e G#o
Hold on Hold on
somew[G]here, some[E]time, somw[D]here
G#0 is played: |--x-