Point of Light Randy Travis
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 1995 11:56:45 +0200
From: Markus Brakweh (markusb)
Subject: Some songs
Point of light Schlitz/Schuyler sung by Randy Travis
1[D]. There's a point when you [G]cannot walk away[D]
2. There's a darkness that everyone must face
3. There are heroes whose names we never hear
G D e7 A
1. when you have to stand up straight and tall an mean the words you say
2. it wants to take what's good and fair and lay it all to waste
3. a dedicated army of quiet volun-teers
1. There's a [D]point you must decide just to [G]do it 'cause it's [D]right
2. And that darkness covers everything in sight
3. reaching out to feed the hungry reaching out to save the land
1. [b]that's when you be-[A]come a point of [G]light[A]
2. until it meets a single point of light
3. reaching out to their fellow men.
[D]All it takes is a [G]point of [D]light a [G]ray of hope in the dar-[G]kest [A]night.
If you [D]see what's wrong and you [G]try to make it [D]right
[G]you will [D]be a [A7]point of [G]light.
4.[B] There are [E]dreamers who are [A]making dreams come [E]true
A E f B
4. taking time to teach the children there's nothing they can't do.
4. Giving [E]shelter to the homeless giving [A]hope to those w[E]ithout.
c B A
4. Isn't that what this land's all about.
c E A
4. One by one form the mountains to the sea points of light
E f B
4. are calling out to you and me
[E]All it takes is a [A]point of [E]light a [A]ray of hope in the dar-[A]kest [B]night.
If you [E]see what's wrong and you [A]try to make it [E]right
[A]you will [E]be a [B7]point of [B]light.