Notice: Undefined index: PATH_INFO in /var/www/chordiepro/chord.pere on line 787
Back Home Again John Denver
A week ago, there was a request posted for John Denver tunes.
Thinking that songs like Country Roads, Annies's song and Leaving on a
Jet plane are well known, I'll post some other nice tunes.
Here's the first one:
Back Home again John Denver
1) There's a [E]storm across the [E7]valley, [A]clouds are rollin' in
2) He's an hour away from ridin' on your prayers up in the sky
1) the [B7]afternoorn is heavy on your shoul-[E]ders.
2) and ten days on the road are barely gone.
1) There's a [E]truck out on the [E7]four lane, a [A]mile or more away
2) There's a fire softly burning; supper's on the stove
1) the [B7]whinin' of his wheels just makes it [E]colder.
2) but it's the light in your eyes that makes him warm.
Chorus: [A]Hey, it's good to [B7]be back home a-[E7]gain
[A]Sometimes [B7]this old farm feels[E7] like a long lost [A]friend
Yes, 'n, [B7]hey it's good to be back home [E7]again
3) After all the news to tell him: how's you spend your time?
And what's the latest thing the neighbors say
and your mother called last friday; "Sunshine" made her cry
and you felt the baby move just yesterday.
Bridge: And [A]oh, the time that [B7]I can lay this tired [E]old body [A]down
and [F#m]feel your fingers f[B7]eather soft up-o[E]n me[E7]
the [A]kisses that I [B7]live for, the [E]love that lights my way[A]
the [F#m]happiness that l[A]ivin' with you b[B7]rings me.
4) It's the sweetest thing I know of, just spending time with you
it's the little things that make a house a home.
Like a fire softly burning and supper on the stove.
And the light in your eyes that makes me warm.
Greetings from Germany
Back home again John Denver
There's a [D]storm across the [D7]valley [G]clouds are rollin' in
the [A7]afternoon is heavy on your shoul[D]ders
there's a truck out on the [D7]four lane a [G]mile or more away
the [A7]whinin' of his wheels just makes it [D]colder
2. He's an [D]hour away from [D7]riding on your [G]prayers up in the sky
3. After all the news to tell him, how'd you spent your time?
4. It's the sweetest thing I know of just spendin' time with you
2. and [A7]ten days on the road are barely [D]gone,
3. and what's the latest thing the neighbor say?
4. It's the little things that make a house a home.
2. there's a fire softly [D7]burning, [G]supper's on the stove
3. and your mother called last friday? 'Sunshine' made her cry
4. Like a fire softly burning, supper on the stove
2. and there's a [A7]light in your eyes that makes him [D]warm
3. and you felt the baby move just yester-day.
4. and a light in your eyes that makes me warm
R: [G]Hey, it's good to [A7]be back home a[D]gain[D7]
[G]sometimes t[A7]his old farm feels [D]like a long lost [G]friend.
Yes and [A7]hey, it's good to be back home [D]again.
B: [D7]And [G]oh, the time that [A7]I can lay this [D]tired old body [G]down
and [E]feel your finger [A7]feather soft up[D]on me.[D7]
The [G]kisses that I [A7]live for the [D]love that lights my way[G]
the [E]happiness that [G]living with you [A7]brings me.