this old guitar John Denver
1. [C]This old [G]guitar taught me to [Am]sing a [Em]love song
2. This old guitar gave me my love-ly lady
3. This old guitar gave me my life my living
1. [F]it showed me how to laugh [G7]and how to [C]cry.
2. it opened up her eyes and ears to me
3. all the things you know I love to do
1. [a]It intro-[F]duced me to some fri[G]ends of mine
2. it brought us close together
3. to serenade the stars that shine
1. and [C]brightened up some d[a]ays
2. and I guess it broke her heart
3. from a sunny mountain-side
1. and [F]helped me make it thru [G7] some lonely [C]nights. Oh[a].
2. it opened up the space for us to be
3. and most of all to sing my songs for you
1. [a]What a [F]friend to have on a [G7]cold and lonely [C]night
2. What a lovely place and a lovely space to be.
3. I love to song my songs for you.
3. Yes I [a]do, you know [F]and I love to si[G7]ng my songs for [C]you