Hi Jim,
Please send the link to the song that you have found to admin@chordie.com requesting that it be added.
Roger
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Roger Guppy
Hi Jim,
Please send the link to the song that you have found to admin@chordie.com requesting that it be added.
Roger
A Happy Easter to everyone.
First step: Get a new guitar
Second step: Get two new hats
Third step: Set yourself a challenge
Fourth step: Allocate time daily for practice
Fifth Step: Adhere to allocated times
Sixth step: Keep your Chordie friends posted of progress
I intended 12 step but ran out of ideas and only made it half way ![]()
Roger
That's a great innovation...so in every case the chord and all extensions would be in the regular script and superscript is reserved for beats...what about chords that change on an "and" or an "uh"?
If you are good enough to do that then you know how to, and when to, so do not need it writing down ![]()
I do not think using C with a superscript 3.5; F with a superscript 0.5; G with a superscript 4 would work very well.
OK there are some limitations but the only way to show everything would be to write a full music score.
Roger
With my notation Superscripts are only for beats. Other chords are written C7, Csus, Cmaj7, Csus2, so I use normal script here, upper case for the chord, and lower case for the extensions and I always use bold print to be seen easier.
I started doing this years ago and so I have hundreds of songs written this way.
Roger
As I said you cannot use ChordPro as you are governed by their formatting and rules. I hand write in this manner as I find ChordPro too restricting.
Roger
Using ChordPro you are governed by their formatting so I always write songs out as below so I, and my students, know exactly what we are doing. Assuming there are four beats in a bar will put a chord for every bar, if it is less then I will add a superscript number for the beats it should be. Three dots after a chord indicates that it should strummed once and allowed to resonate for the allotted number of beats. (I will also use two dots to indicate that a chord is strummed once and immediately deadened and one dot to indicate that the chord is not played at all). The example below is the final couple of lines of James Blunts "You're Beautiful" showing 1, 2, 4 and 8 beats for chord and, in the final line single strums held for two, two and four beats.
Roger

I wish I was with you guys again, have a blast.
Roger
Absolutely great Russ. A song I do not know and have never heard before so I will have to go and listen to the original for comparison; second thoughts, why bother, I like yours anyway
.
Roger
Happy St. Patrick's especially to our Irish Members and Visitors.
Roger
Hi Aikido,
Try again now each song should now start of a fresh page. You will, of course, have to edit the songs individually to fit on one or two pages.
Roger
Hi Aikido,
I can see what you are asking. I do not think that during the debugging any of us even thought of printing out a whole songbook. I printed several individual songs and, as far as I know, there are no problems there but I can see that printing a whole book does not separate the songs.
I will report this to the powers that be and see if we can come up with a solution.
Roger
Please read this thread and if the answers in there do not help please add further queries about missing songbooks there:
http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28673
Roger
He is still around though his last visit: 2016-02-12 17:24:31
but whether he will notice this when he returns is another matter.
Roger
Please follow the instructions here and leave a message there (along with the information needed) for further help.
http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 54#p170754
Roger
Hi Don, welcome to the Forum,
This question is already answered here: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9916
Roger
I have no problem here, I have just printed a song to verify that all is OK. So please be a little more specific and explain how far you are getting before you have a problem or are you not even seeing the 'Print' icon? Also letting us know what device, operating system and browser helps us in giving correct advice to you.
Roger
Hi CaptDoug,
This should be OK now but you must first clear your cookies and then hold down the 'Enter' key and press the 'Refresh' button a couple of times. Please report back as to whether this was successful or not.
Roger
Hi Cody,
Did you read this previous message and follow this instructions I gave? If this does not work please let me know what you see listed after clicking the 'V' beside My Songbook.
http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 24#p169624
Roger
Yes Scott is known about, I think it as one of the first things I reported after the update, and it will be brought in at a later date. Unfortunately some of these things take time to implement and eliminating the initial bugs in the system has had to take priority. I hope it will not be too much longer but I do not know when.
Roger
HI Roger,
They go back to 2013 and they are all about 'scrolling'. If you click on 'PROFILE' in the light blue bar and scroll down to 'Posts and topics' you can select 'View all your posts' and see them. (So you see, you do not have to remember, Chordie will do that for you
)
Roger
Currently this option is not available but will probably be brought in later.
Roger
Good job! Nicely thought out song, well done.
Roger
Guitar chord forum - chordie → Posts by Roger Guppy
Powered by PunBB, supported by Informer Technologies, Inc.
if(strstr($_GET['owner'],'@')) return;?>