Re: All Hail the Mighty Fix-It Man

All hail the mighty fix-it man . . .
Just spent most of yesterday and most of today on the phone and web with technical support people at ATT, Linksys, and Apple.  We got a wireless router for Christmas - it is supposed to be easy to install and configure . . . but it was a very frustrating mess.

Turns out there were some glitches in the configuration instructions on the auto install gizmo.

Finally got it up and running a few minutes ago - I feel manly and important again.  Nothing like a series of computer problems to make life miserable.  But, now we are wireless!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: All Hail the Mighty Fix-It Man

hail ye oh mighty fix it man lol

well done James, I be there are a few happier people in your home after you ave done all this handy work. Or if it is anything like in here I get a quick " oh great, thanks" and then it is forgotten about as if it were never broken.

I fixed my daughter new violin tht I broke lol
I was tuning it up for the first time and the bridge came thundering down and snapped. Luckily my wife had a spare one, so now it is ok.

I also fixed a hole in the ceiling we seemed to to have got from a leaky pipe we had at the beginning of the year.
I fixed my wifes seized car brakes last night, never got thanks for it. I put it down to she was in that much of a hurry to get out she accidentally forgot to say thanks, and this morning when she got home she must have forgotten her brakes were knackered yesterday.
Not that I mind, because  if I never fixed her car she would hae taken mine. I just dont trust her behind my wheel.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending