Re: Picking Up My *** Stick...

evsynator wrote:

.. such a waste ... not being aware .

Huh?

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

unhhuh wrote:

Ya'll keep that on tap nice and cool or room temp warm?

Unh Huh

Whatever temperature the bottle is at at the time of liberation.......

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Zurf wrote:
evsynator wrote:

.. such a waste ... not being aware .

Huh?

- Zurf

yep .. cant believe it myself ... but the more i am able to remember lately the better i feel ..... i had so many of those next day things when someone says " do you realise what you done last night ?" .... oops .... who is it i cant look in the eye anymore ....

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

what a thread,
must be one of the best yet lol
everyone going off on different tangents, is that the right word? never mind, Just thought I would add more nonsense into this threadas I sit here listening to tom Paxton at 00:02 with a glass of balvenie, two ice cubes and a little water.
Just watched snakes on a plane and thinking I am glad I never went to the pictures to see it.

well thats all.

any more nonsense?

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

http://www.balvenie.com/

Makes for very interesting reading. Must try some.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

I could get lost in that website,lol.
Good link cheers. Makes me want the 17 year old rum cask.
But since my bottle of 12 year old double wood is finished I will start my Bunnahabhain next weekend before I open my Glenrothes then the MacCallen, then thats all my christmas whisky gone sad

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Geez Ken, I guess it really was a Merry Christmas at your castle.  It's the gift that keeps on giving (headaches). 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

33 (edited by Phill Williams 2009-01-20 09:55:01)

boy am i glad i never did drugs or alcohol in my younger days!  i remember the 60's...does that mean i wasn't there?

uh huh, the avatar looks like a blow fish to me sucking on some "blow" which explains a lot

going back to the original subject...we can all swear and curse, but do we in polite company? i don't and i get offended when i hear others do it. it may have something to do with the way i was brought up...to respect the female, and i always think of that when posting also the fact that there may be youngsters looking in to this site who think "if these adults can use that kind of language, then it must be OK" standards are falling, and how much further can they fall before we arrive back in the stone age? uggh that's all for now

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

34 (edited by Phill Williams 2009-01-20 10:00:12)

uhhuh, i would like to draw your attention to the "sticky" at the top of the site page [GUIDLINES FOR ENJOYING THE FORUM]...please read it

phill

35 (edited by charlotte 2009-01-20 13:57:25)

Phill Williams wrote:

i was brought up...to respect the female,

phill

So was I but then I got married!. I was taught not to swear before women, I don't, I let them go first.

On a more serious note, Dm.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

36 (edited by Phill Williams 2009-01-21 11:25:14)

Dm's not a note, it's a chord, A is a note [or D] my particular favourite is Eb

I thought you weren't allowed to break wind before women, in case it's their turn, [and they could be bursting!]

I never used to do a lot of things before I got married, I never spent any time on the internet, cos I never had a computer then...so it's her own fault...yeah! I'll have to use that argument next time...see Chordie does have it's uses

Phill

Phill Williams wrote:

uhhuh, i would like to draw your attention to the "sticky" at the top of the site page [GUIDLINES FOR ENJOYING THE FORUM]...please read it

phill

unhhuh wrote:

..."asking questions" so that I may "respect personal differences..." http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9795

A Google search that took me .58 seconds http://www.google.com/search?q=shit+sit … =firefox-a to complete revealed about 1,560 instances of the word sh*t indexed on Chordie.

The community standard is a Chordie Editor may post material containing the word sh*t, but the word may not be used in the forum?

Thanks,

Unh Huh

response from admin was-

"Songs are in general not hosted at Chordie. They are only indexed, and stored on other sites. I do not filter any songs indexed.

Posting in the forums are different. I do not censor words myself, but some of the moderators do. And I leave that up to the chief moderator of the forum to conclude whether anybody can be offended by some thing posted."

Phill Williams wrote:

... i always think of that when posting also the fact that there may be youngsters looking in to this site who think "if these adults can use that kind of language, then it must be OK"
phill

Don't know about you Phil, but I use Chordie tabs a lot more than the forum... kinda' figure kids might too... http://www.google.com/search?q=shit+OR+ … =firefox-a

Phill Williams wrote:

uh huh, the avatar looks like a blow fish to me sucking on some "blow" which explains a lot

phill

...actually back from when I was a chain smoker... packs of menthol lights every day... buddy drew it as a caricature...

enjoying the aroma ladies and gentlemen?

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

I think the first part of the "sticky" deals with being nice so in case you have not read all of it im including all of it.

How to enjoy Chordie's forum:
Basic Guidelines
DO'S Be friendly, be helpful.Ask questions.Share knowledge and ideas.Respect personal differences.

DO NOTS;*No obscenity, no foul or degrading language.
*No spam. Messages that simply promote a product, a service, or that advocate for a political or religious cause will be deleted. Spammers will be banned.
*No posting of copyrighted material (unless you are the writer).

PLEASE REMEMBER;Use common sense - this is a public place!Chordie's forum is used by people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.Chordie's forum is about Music and Musicians.Topics that become arguments over Religion and/or Politics will be closed or deleted.The forum Moderators and Administrators are volunteers.An individual who causes problems will be warned or banned

"Growing old is not for sissies"

have i missed something?

have i insulted you or your family, or your forum, or your website, or your whatever?

is this the wrong forum to post these questions?

whatever...

have a nice day...

Unh Huh

Embrace what you love.
Start with you.
Do the next right thing.

40 (edited by marcalan 2009-01-23 15:48:13)

Try putting an "e" on the end of the word ####e may not rhymn tho wink

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

I don't know what you peoples problems are with unhhuh. He hasn't offended me, and I have not read anything he's written to offend anyone else either. You all must be narrow minded cry babies! You need an adults only section!!

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

getfiddle wrote:

I don't know what you peoples problems are with unhhuh. He hasn't offended me, and I have not read anything he's written to offend anyone else either. You all must be narrow minded cry babies! You need an adults only section!!

I wouldn't classify this under the 'being friendly' category. In fact I find it down right rude. But hey!, that's just my little observation. Hope your day is filled with happiness from this point on.

SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

43 (edited by getfiddle 2009-01-23 18:10:15)

Yours too, sir! I guess I can't voice my opinion, because I don't agree with yours. If you want to run people off, than whatever! Just like the trashing you all gave that person who had a problem with the tab!!! True, he could have been a little nicer in his post, but you guys didn't even give him a chance. You all just went off on him!!! Go back and read the rude comments you all made. But...I guess that's ok. Before you start talking 'bout someone else not being nice, maybe you should take a hard look in the mirror!!!

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

getfiddle wrote:

I'm not offended.  I thought we were having some good-natured fun.  Russell's message is just a reiteration of the rules of the site, so I don't know why that should be a problem.  It is also relevant to the initial question (which has become lost some while ago). 

Unhhuh hasn't offended me at all.  I don't see anyone else coming out with an offended tone either.  I did think it was kind of funny of all the things in the world upon which to take a stand, he chose something that most folks would try and step around.  But hey - that's his choice.  I wouldn't think to try and dissuade him from it either, though I may ask him to wipe his shoes with extra vigor before coming into the house. 

And I really do love the puffing puffer fish.  That was no joke.  Capital avatar.  Absolutely capital. 

- Zurf

getfiddle wrote:

Yours too, sir! I guess I can't voice my opinion, because I don't agree with yours. If you want to run people off, than whatever! Just like the trashing you all gave that person who had a problem with the tab!!! True, he could have been a little nicer in his post, but you guys didn't even give him a chance. You all just went off on him!!! Go back and read the rude comments you all made. But...I guess that's ok. Before you start talking 'bout someone else not being nice, maybe you should take a hard look in the mirror!!!

Voice your opinion all you wish. Please refrain from name calling and personal attacks.( ie. narrow minded cry babies)

-SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

I guess you must represent and speak for everyone on here if you took that personally. I never mentioned your name. GO BACK AND REREAD PLEASE! There wasn't any of that statement personally directed at you. I Said "YOU ALL!" Thats pretty arrogant of you to assume I was talking to you and you only!!! JMO. smile

I have not been around much lately and so I have not followed this thread but I see I must step in and put things straight.

My position is that I will not allow swearing on any section that I Moderate for the following reasons:

1/ This site is visited by many ladies and children and a gentleman does not swear in front of either.

2/ Although it is forgivable to let let slip a swear word in speech it is not forgivable when written as writing has to be thought about and is therfore done as a deliberate act and intended to offend.

3/ There are far better adjectives in the English language than profanities and invectives.

That being the case this thread has gone on long enough and I am closing it and editing/deleting any bad language.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"