Re: LETS GO HURRICANES

Yeap, I'll be on the edge of my seat and been waiting since 1972 for the bruins to win again.

Hey Topdown I bet it's a thrill to see a live playoff game. closest I got was an exhibition game years ago between Boston and Quebec Nordiques when they were in the league.

GO B's   Badeye..                cool

one caper after another

It should be interesting.  Bruins haven't gone this far in the playoffs in a long time.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

badeye wrote:

Yeap, I'll be on the edge of my seat and been waiting since 1972 for the bruins to win again.

Hey Topdown I bet it's a thrill to see a live playoff game. closest I got was an exhibition game years ago between Boston and Quebec Nordiques when they were in the league.

Absolutely a thrill Badeye - There is no sport more exciting that playoff hockey. I live about 2 hours from Raleigh, so I don't go to many regular season games, but my brother lives there and is a season ticket holder. He is able to add playoff tickets to his package at the end of the year and this year I committed for the full run. I am guaranteed a seat for $ 40 for as long as it lasts, including the Stanley Cup finals. In '06 those seats sold for over $1,000.

It's one of the advantages of being a small, southern market. I've met habs and leaf's fans who could never find a ticket in their home market and could fly to Raleigh, spend a weekend in a hotel, buy scalped Ebay or stub-hub tickets and get off cheaper than they could see their teams at home.

We do enjoy our hockey here - game 4 on Friday night was the loudest sporting event I have ever witnessed and was almost as loud as some concerts I have been to.

I was always a Bruins fan as a kid, so I will be pulling for them if they take out the Canes.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:
badeye wrote:

Absolutely a thrill Badeye - There is no sport more exciting that playoff hockey. I live about 2 hours from Raleigh, so I don't go to many regular season games, but my brother lives there and is a season ticket holder. He is able to add playoff tickets to his package at the end of the year and this year I committed for the full run. I am guaranteed a seat for $ 40 for as long as it lasts, including the Stanley Cup finals. In '06 those seats sold for over $1,000.

It's one of the advantages of being a small, southern market. I've met habs and leaf's fans who could never find a ticket in their home market and could fly to Raleigh, spend a weekend in a hotel, buy scalped Ebay or stub-hub tickets and get off cheaper than they could see their teams at home.

We do enjoy our hockey here - game 4 on Friday night was the loudest sporting event I have ever witnessed and was almost as loud as some concerts I have been to.

I was always a Bruins fan as a kid, so I will be pulling for them if they take out the Canes.

Good for you.  I always found it strange that hockey is in Football and Basketball country, but if this is typical of the support you give your team, then more power to them.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:

Good for you.  I always found it strange that hockey is in Football and Basketball country, but if this is typical of the support you give your team, then more power to them.

ozy - I don't want to mislead you - I was raised in the Catskills of upstate New York and played organized hockey since I was a wee child. But I have been a transplanted southerner for almost 30 years now. There are a lot of us yankees in the Raleigh area, but honestly even the native Southerners have embraced the Canes. We do tailgate like it's football - I was in the parking lot Friday at 2:00 for a 7:30 game. Tuna steaks have been the grilling choice this post season. Come visit - we'll show you a great time I assure you!

Game 7...Can't wait.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

topdown wrote:
ozymandias wrote:

ozy - I don't want to mislead you - I was raised in the Catskills of upstate New York and played organized hockey since I was a wee child. But I have been a transplanted southerner for almost 30 years now. There are a lot of us yankees in the Raleigh area, but honestly even the native Southerners have embraced the Canes. We do tailgate like it's football - I was in the parking lot Friday at 2:00 for a 7:30 game. Tuna steaks have been the grilling choice this post season. Come visit - we'll show you a great time I assure you!

I have a friend and his family in North Carolina.  They are also transplanted southerners from the Albany NY area.  If we ever do get down there, I'll be sure to let you know.  Meeting SouthPaw in Florida was cool and fun.  I look forward to meeting more chordie folk.  : )

Game 7 going to OT - Any sports fan gotta love this. Myself..... Don't know if my heart can take it. Anybody got a valium?

I've had some wine, may the best team win.

WOW........ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW

topdown wrote:

WOW, Canes win in OT.   Topdown if your ever in these parts, the cold beer is on me. The playoff are over for this fan.

Badeye..

one caper after another

Congratulations, now get out there and get that cup.

topdown wrote:

Uh huh...Congrats to your Canes. A very memorable series. Canes outskated the B's pure and simple.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I, just like most people outside of the Carolinas, didn't expect the Canes to beat the Bruins...we were all wrong. Now everyone is picking the Penguins...I think I'll stick my money on the Canes! Good luck to topdowns team!

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

crowellb wrote:

I, just like most people outside of the Carolinas, didn't expect the Canes to beat the Bruins...we were all wrong. Now everyone is picking the Penguins...I think I'll stick my money on the Canes! Good luck to topdowns team!

Indeed, the hungrier and better team won against the Bruins.   Lets face it, a team that goes up 3 games to 1, wins 75% of the time.  The Canes recent experiences and championship paid off and they did what better teams do, finish the deal.   I'll root for the Canes as well.  Basically, because they have the New England History.  (WHA as the New England Whalers, then NHL as the Hartford Whalers, now the Carolina Hurricanes)  Remember your roots, Canes and go for it!