Re: Last 5 songs you've learned??

Hey Alvee, what's the first sign of madness? Suggs coming up your drive! big_smile

My last learned songs that I can remember are (going backwards):

Heavy Horses - Jethro Tull
Blaydon Races - (Trad?) (Thanks Micky the Mooch! cool
Story of the Blues Part 1 - The Mighty Wah
The Hare's Lament - Trad

I wanted to learn horse songs and did Heavy Horses for the first time 3 or 4 weeks ago at my Monday night gig and discovered the next day that whilst I was singing it, a little girl who was riding one of our horses had it collapse under her and die on the village green. It was totally not her fault, but I haven't had the heart to do the song since.

<-----<< On an even field, only talent prevails! >>----->
   Gans Gwarak da yn dorn yu lel, gwyr lowen an golon!
        >>-----> [color=#FF0000]Rudhes[/color] hag [color=yellow]Owres[/color], Kajima <-----<<

LesPaulGuy wrote:

That must mean you borrow it every now and then tongue

lol Yeah, I think I've been listening to it more than her recently. All for a good cause you understand.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

KajiMa wrote:

The Hare's Lament - Trad

I misunderstood this and thought you were having a problem with rapidly advancing forehead.

Ochone ochone!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You- Led Zeppelin
Over The Hills and Far Away- Led Zeppelin
Green River- CCR
Lay It Down- Waylon Jennings
Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground- The WHite Stripes

All You Need is Love smile

Neil Diamond - 'Solitary Man'.

Shack - 'Cornish Town'.

Johnny Cash's cover of 'Hurt'.

Sugababes - 'Ugly' (My daughter made me learn it so she can sing along.  It's actually, lyrically, very, very mature).

The Verve - 'The drugs don't work'.

"And on payday, we'll tear the place down.
With a pint, in our hand's, and a bash 'em out band.
Sure we'll dance, to the sound, of the rain falling down.
In our Northern Industrial Town."

Colin,
I just thought  i would say welcome to chordie.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ta Ken la.

Nice site my Scottish friend, and I always love looking at musical views from our cousins across the pond and that.

"And on payday, we'll tear the place down.
With a pint, in our hand's, and a bash 'em out band.
Sure we'll dance, to the sound, of the rain falling down.
In our Northern Industrial Town."

My last five songs are:

Guitar- (these ones are fingerpickin')
"Handlebars" - Flobots
"We're Going to Be Friends" - Jack Johnson

Ukulele-
"Three Little Birds" - Bob Marley
"Bubble"- Cailat
"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin (fingerpickin')

Lol, I thought it would be fun to try to figure out the finger picking for Stairway to Heaven on the ukulele and so far it's going pretty well. But if anyone knows of a uke site that has the tabs (yea right:P), please pass it along. smile

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.  ~Ronald Reagan

squirrelygurl wrote:

My last five songs are:

Guitar- (these ones are fingerpickin')
"Handlebars" - Flobots
"We're Going to Be Friends" - Jack Johnson

Ukulele-
"Three Little Birds" - Bob Marley
"Bubble"- Cailat
"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin (fingerpickin')

Lol, I thought it would be fun to try to figure out the finger picking for Stairway to Heaven on the ukulele and so far it's going pretty well. But if anyone knows of a uke site that has the tabs (yea right:P), please pass it along. smile

Nice to meet you! Welcome aboard! It seems we have similiar taste smile I was playing 3 little birds on my tenor just last night. I play your other songs as well (except for "Bubble")

Here's the stairway to heaven tab that I used for low G tenor uke http://home.arcor.de/crazydawg/ukulele/ … heaven.txt   -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

1." I'm yours" by Jason Mraz
2. "One eyed one horned flyin' purple eater" by Sheb Wooley
3. "Hard Times" by Eric Clapton
4. "Hallieluja" by Bon Jovi
5. "Manamana" by Animal from the Muppet Show

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Guitarpix wrote:

Nice to meet you! Welcome aboard! It seems we have similiar taste smile I was playing 3 little birds on my tenor just last night. I play your other songs as well (except for "Bubble")

Here's the stairway to heaven tab that I used for low G tenor uke http://home.arcor.de/crazydawg/ukulele/ … heaven.txt   -Pix

Lol, well the song is really "bubbly" by colbie caillat, don't know why I mispelled that:P. And thanks so much for the tabs, I will definitely give them a try.:)

Nice to meet you too!

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.  ~Ronald Reagan

squirrelygurl wrote:

Lol, well the song is really "bubbly" by colbie caillat, don't know why I mispelled that tongue

Lol, I did the same thing... I knew the song you meant and still misspelled it. It's a really great song!
I've tried to get my wife to sing it but she's uncooperative so I never learned to play it... She's got the voice but not the confidence...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Some Surprise - Cake Sale

Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard (my wife plays it on Piano)

The River - Garth Brooks

Fisherman's Blues - The Waterboys

Little Old Wine Drinker Me - Dean Martin

My ambition far exceeds my ability

Just to keep it updated...

Here's the last 3 songs I've learned:

Iration - Falling  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqPWdEu … annel_page Easy song! C G D Em

Bowl For Two- The Expendables http://www.dailymotion.com/user/Guitarp … 766e657874 Basically a G C Em progression with a little run on the Em. The intro's kinda tough to time just right but it's actually a fairly easy run... Tabs here http://www.guitaretab.com/print_tab.php?id=178506

Rebelution - Safe and Sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYo_SP26 … re=related Tabs here http://www.911tabs.com/link/?4535047

I have a few more I have been learning.  I Ain't Never - Webb Pierce, And I Love You So, Don Mclean and The Wanderer, Dion.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Mia: Paper Planes
A whole lot of Sublime
The Gentleman Solider
The Sick Bed Of Cuchulainn
Jesse James
Sally MacLennane

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

selso wrote:

A whole lot of Sublime
The Gentleman Solider
Jesse James
Sally MacLennane

Cool man! I'm a huge Sublime fan myself. I've got an awesome cd recorded from a party that Brad attended. He casually played about 15 solo acoustic songs... (Saw Red,Don't Push, Boss DJ, Garden Grove, Little District, Rivers of Babylon, Freeway Time, It's Who You Know, Pool Shark, Wrong Way, Mary, Eyes of Fatima, etc..) Great stuff to hear in the raw like that. I hadn't heard of the others but checked them all out and I like smile -Pix

Guitarpix wrote:
selso wrote:

A whole lot of Sublime
The Gentleman Solider
Jesse James
Sally MacLennane

Cool man! I'm a huge Sublime fan myself. I've got an awesome cd recorded from a party that Brad attended. He casually played about 15 solo acoustic songs... (Saw Red,Don't Push, Boss DJ, Garden Grove, Little District, Rivers of Babylon, Freeway Time, It's Who You Know, Pool Shark, Wrong Way, Mary, Eyes of Fatima, etc..) Great stuff to hear in the raw like that. I hadn't heard of the others but checked them all out and I like smile -Pix

All of that's from the Pouges accept Mia. She rap, which I don't really like, but my sister got me into her. She's on that Slum dog Millionaire Soundtrack. Sublime was one of my favorite bands that I'm getting back into. Superstar Punami is one of my favs

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat