Re: MEATLOAF FIT FOR A DOG

Russell_Harding wrote:

Zurf finding a rich one or a breathing one lol is highly unlikely lol

Yeah, I forgot that requirement.  Breathing would be strongly preferred.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

actually there is and that sounds like a great idea I have a small one its rectangular but high enough to put a aluminum pan and some extra goodies good tip smile

aabb wrote:
Russ wrote:

Well I dont have an oven I live in a efficiency apt

hey russ, is there room, on a porch or something, for one of those three legged charcoal grills with the big dome shaped lid? If so,I think a better tasting meat loaf could be made in one of these than in a conventional oven. Not to mention the potato & bean baking while the meats a loafing. big_smile
  They do a nice job on a steak an a roasting ear too!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Zurf wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

- Zurf

In the case of my wife, no it wouldn't!

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

charlotte wrote:
Zurf wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

- Zurf

In the case of my wife, no it wouldn't!

You're thinking of this entirely in the wrong light.  Hint: It's RUSSELL who we're hoping meets a woman ...

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

lol

Nope Zurf, you've got the wrong end of the stick. I was thinking of sending Russell the wife but the requirement of not breathing rather interested me.

The other word 'rich', well I am sure Russell and myself can come to some agreement.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

32 (edited by Detman101 2009-06-01 16:38:52)

Whoa whoa whoa...you've got it all wrong buddy.

"Microwave" and "Meatloaf" don't go well together...

Try the combination of "Meatloaf" and "Oven"...they go worlds better together.

EDIT: Grilling the meatloaf over charcoal would be better than using a microwave...lol.

=p
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Maybe you should start with something easy like frosted flakes or fruit loops, then work your way up to toast, eventually with practice you'll make a meatloaf.

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

russ wrote:

actually there is and that sounds like a great idea I have a small one its rectangular but high enough to put a aluminum pan and some extra goodies

I would not recommend an aluminum pan. A thick walled aluminum pot with thick lid would work. What works best is a cast iron dutch oven . Put ingredients in dutch oven leave lid off for first 1/3 of cooking time "but do have the charcoal burner lid closed". Then place dutch oven lid on dutch oven and several pieces of charcoal on lid and close charcoal burner for remainder of time. Experiment with things like mesquite charcoal or apple wood shavings during the first 1/3 cooking time for enhanced flavors. Enhanced flavoring not applicable for conventional oven. sad

I'll bring the beer, big_smile when do we eat?      just joking smile

Ron

yea im good at toast and cereal and otherwise I cook well, this was the first time with meatloaf I usually make roasts or steak,chops and chicken and I do make some mean potato salad smile

Riverdales wrote:

Maybe you should start with something easy like frosted flakes or fruit loops, then work your way up to toast, eventually with practice you'll make a meatloaf.

aabb where in minnesota are you from? I used to drive truck thru there when I was doing the over the road gig smile

russ, Minnesota is also beautiful, but I live in Michigan, north central part of the lower Peninsula.

Ron

lol oops I guess Minnesota is abbreviated MN and i have been to michigan a few times I live across the lake from you in Port Washington Wisconsin just a stones throw away smile

you must have a heck of an arm "stones throw"  smile  but yeah, that's not very far from Houghton lake area

Ron

Ron do you think the Red Wings will win the Stanly cup? I watched the game with Pittsburgh and they looked pretty good smile

I'm pulling all the way for em.  And they do look good!!! I'll be watching tomorrow.

Ron

Russell_Harding wrote:

Hey Russ do not give up hope,

I am only a couple of years younger than you and I too was on my own and not looking for a lady, but by chance one has walked into my life. I can assure you that her cooking in vastly superior to mine. I am only worried that I might start putting on weight but I hope the exercise will prevent that smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Yes Roger exercise is so important nothing like a good workout for your health lol

Yes, but 10 dogs fit in MEATLOAF in his paradise. Although he lost weight.
I didn't; I 'm getting a real pounds problem.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

If a microwave is all you have, buy a frozen meatloaf from a store and spice it up after you heat it.
We have a seasoning around here called "Tony Chachere's" that can make most anything up to and including shoe leather taste better.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

46 (edited by Riverdales 2009-06-07 06:13:13)

If I give you some money through paypal will you send me some of those spices, It should make my wifes shoe leather taste like rib eye steak!!!!

Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names!

Thanks Tuba I will check at the store and see if they carry this brand,or google it and see if they ship smile

tubatooter1940 wrote:

If a microwave is all you have, buy a frozen meatloaf from a store and spice it up after you heat it.
We have a seasoning around here called "Tony Chachere's" that can make most anything up to and including shoe leather taste better.

Oh YEAH!! "Tony Chachere's" That's the good stuff. The only thing I wouldn't put it on /in is a glass of water tongue  but even that might be good --now available at your local walmart--

Ron

Ron is it really available at Walmart? smile

Yes that is the best seasoning you can buy "Tony Chachere"s Original Creole Seasoning in the green can.It is available here at most of the grocery stores and Walmart.I have tried some of the other flavors but the original is the best.We use it on everything,when cooking with it use some care it may get to hot for some folks.
   The first time I was introduced to it was back in my drinking days,I was sitting on a barstool in New Orleans and drinking a Bloody Mary to get the day started and could not believe the wonderful flavor.I asked the barmaid for her secret and she brought out the Tony's container and said this is the stuff.
   My family is hooked on it and we use it on nearly everything,except when we're having guests over,I tend to like things spicier than some.

Later, Wayne P