Re: restringing a guitar.

well, I finally had to do it!  That darn G string frayed enough and while the guitar was sitting idle it just broke.  I guess it was one of those fiber nylon wrapped with metal deals... cuz when I opened up the new strings I saw that the G string in my new pack was a solid nylon string.  THANK GOD for that (I really beat that G string up something fierce!).  So, I watched every video I could find and read everything I could and I don't think I did too bad!  My knots are all nice and tight and I even wrapped the ends under.  I'm not really sure how I like the look of the knots up at the tuning pegs, so I might try something different there next time, but all and all it was a successful string change!  Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions!

I couldn't really play the first day cuz every few minutes I could hear those nylon strings going flat... I think it's calming down now tho and I can play for about an hour before they start going flat again.  Hopefully they'll even out in the next day or so.  It was quite a bummer to find that I couldn't play cuz there was a broken string... and then couldn't play immediatly after the change cuz the strings had to stretch!  I guess THIS is where having an extra guitar could come in QUITE handy!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.