Re: Where Have All The Loyal Chordians Gone ?

Everyone who is not here, raise your hand!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

27 (edited by Bass Viking 2010-08-19 12:45:30)

I manage to get on here everyday to at least read what you fine folks have to offer in the way of musical expertise and entertainment, but I don't usually post unless I have something to offer and most days I don't feel I have; choosing to just enjoy the reading.  In my case, being retired, I have to sneek in my time on here around my guitar playing, golfing, fishing, motorcycle riding, yardwork, chasing grandkids and watching high school sports.  I know, I know, life is tough, but I just can't understand how I used to get everything done before I retired to such a hectic paced life.  Still, I am not sure I could go for very long without some input from you folks; as I have become a little addicted to Pete's look back at the Oldies, Old Dolls pearls of wisdom, Amy's songs and stories and the solid advice offered up by Roger, Toots, Doug, Pix, Russell and the insights of Zurf, Cam and others.  Can't leave out the writings and/or songs of Wayne, Jason, Phil and DaddyCool.   It is starting to feel a little bit like family at times; maybe a disfunctional one, but still a family.  And families must check up on each other every now and then, so let's all get busy.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

28 (edited by bolleauxp 2010-08-19 13:16:54)

Hi all

Being quite a new member I have been going through a lot of older posts to see what was happening around here back when.  One of the things I have noticed is that there a lot less posts nowadays concerning problems and I hate to say this but the moderators seem to be doing a great job keeping things in order.  Another thing I have picked up on is that while some posts don'r attract a lot of comment ALL of them get plenty of attention judging by the amount of views each topic gets.  I assume everybody is interested enough to read what is going on but just don't have a contribution to make at the time.

Ian

All things good to know are difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb

I think I sometimes suffer from computer burn out. With 3 forums, 2 e-mail addresses, facebook, craigs list and checking to see if I am listed in the obituaries I just get lax sometimes. I delete a lot of e-mails without opening them. I'll be more involved in the winter months. Like others though I do check in nearly every day to see if I can be of help.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I get on here a few times every day to see what is going on.  We all check out most of the posts, but are not always interested in all of them.  It's pretty common.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I've been trying to get moved into a new house.   Coincidently, it ended up being the hottest weekend on record here.  So I got to hump furniture is blazing heat.

All done now, mostly.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Rhythm here, hey everyone, wotup? don't be sad with our RSVPs, some of us maybe just too shy to type or maybe not ? my apologies to the moderators for not signing out at most times, my daughter ambushes the puta soon as I step out for a mo or two, an I don't have the' hard' to reclaim (boot her off) it, so I say go back an sign me off, well when I can go back into chordie I always find she hasn't, "one day" I always say
"one day"...... I shoulda had all sons ..... tuff as leather me, eat nails pass bricks (ouch) fight lions 'n tigers while play'n the guitar with one hand
pik'n with me teeth, but this daughter mine is just like her mother, she smiles at me with all the love in the world an I melt like jelly, some day I may have my "one day" cos' it can be embarrassing being a jellyman, lolololol ..... hugs n kisses to you all.... keep on play'n.

The way of the muso ....

RhythmNbalance

Rhythmnpik - As a moderator, I couldn't care less whether you log out or not.  It's helpful to you because then you get to see what's happened since you've been there.  I know what you mean about daughters, but I was never all that tough of a guy to start.  I think I was knocked out in about ten seconds in my last brawl, which was a long, long time ago.  My buddies won it for me though.  Good buds. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Long work hours. Gotta make hay when I can. Not lucky enough to work

all year long. Will make up when layoffs come around.      Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

Playing a lot more thanks to Cordie!!!

Big Jim, you are sweet!  smile

Ian - it all comes and goes in waves it seems.  There is a bit that we do which a lot of members don't see though.  Sometimes I feel like a spy, sneaking in and taking down a spammer quietly after a first naughty post and banning them then deleting their message as though they were never here.

RhythmNpik - Zurf's right, doesn't bother us if you never log out!  It's good for you, cuz you never have to remember a password to log in!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I'm here on a daily basis, chordian junkie

hope your all gonna jam tonite,   

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Yes, mekidsmom, always lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on the deviants.  Way to go.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

As a mod I'm on Chordie most days much as Mekids says keeping eye on the forums. I haven't posted much recently for various reasons but I still count myself a loyal Chordian and long may I be so.......
ark

Yes Pete she does, and she is very good at it, Amy caught one in my About Chordie for me earlier today. Thank you Amy.

Badeye, I visit 2 or three times a day, partly to moderate but mainly because I am addicted to Chordie. I am giving my 12er a good work out since I repaired her but I will be playing alone tonight.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Well, you guys keep up the good work.  Although, I must be honest.  I like a little turmoil once in awhile.

Ha ha... how many times have you come to Chordie and looked to see if I was logged in?  I think I am here checking on things 10 times a day or more!  LOL!  Chordie Junkie for sure!  Maybe we need to talk to Per about selling "Chordie Junkie" bumper stickers!

You are welcome Roger smile  I hope your repair proves to be a fantastic success!  Enjoy your time with her tonight.

Badeye, I will be at a little party tonight at my Dad's after a quick stop at the cemetery.  My guitar is coming along, and here's hopes that my Dad's guitar comes out of hiding too!

Pete, I don't mind a little turmoil or drama myself as long as I'm not a big part of it.  I've personally had enough this week though.  A friend of the family passed away and I went to his calling hours last night, I coached and watched my dear friend give birth to a healthy baby boy on Tuesday, and today I morn 7 years since my own daughter was born still (fetal demise as the docs prefer to say).  I'm ready for a quiet party with some Woodchuck Ale (or perhaps some Jack and Coke) and my guitar.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Where Have All The Loyal Chordians Gone ?

The question is where have you gone? I still visit / check chordie everyday. I may not post as many questions - but that's because YOU are not here to answer them. Sure, I know.. a newborn kid and a toddler, lessons and a busy gigging schedule - no more time for us regular folks.

So - what is the strumming pattern to Margaritaville?

big_smile big_smile big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I been bustin my tail workin for a change. I got a few days off and went to Bozeman and picked up a J-45 , I'm headin back home and will post some pics. A Lefty guitar playin friend , said they were the best smile

The intro to Margaritaville would be nice too !

Later, Wayne P

topdown wrote:
SouthPaw41L wrote:

Where Have All The Loyal Chordians Gone ?

The question is where have you gone? I still visit / check chordie everyday. I may not post as many questions - but that's because YOU are not here to answer them. Sure, I know.. a newborn kid and a toddler, lessons and a busy gigging schedule - no more time for us regular folks.

So - what is the strumming pattern to Margaritaville?

big_smile big_smile big_smile

You know where I am Jeff !!! haha And the strumming pattern you want is bash, bang, whack, thud, ker-plunk, bubble,bubble,bubble,bubble,bubble !!!

Give everything but up.

wlbaye wrote:

I been bustin my tail workin for a change. I got a few days off and went to Bozeman and picked up a J-45 , I'm headin back home and will post some pics. A Lefty guitar playin friend , said they were the best smile

The intro to Margaritaville would be nice too !

Way to go Wayne !!! You're gonna be SOOO happy with the worlds' finest instrument ever made( in this posters' humble and extremely biased opinion!!). You might wanna have a few lint free clothes at hand when you play your first chords on your J-45 to clean up the drool !!!! Congrats my man !

Give everything but up.

Wayne, you bugger.  You beat me to it.  Do hurry and post pics and let us know how she plays.  That is my next purchase, if I can swing it, but not for awhile.  Meanwhile, let's hear about it.

Hey all, I'm still here and like the others am busy doing many things.  I don't always post, but check in and been following along.  I'll put in 1 cents worth if I've got it.

Steve

Looks like most of us are all present,I think the time differances make it look like some of us are not around as we are all over the world!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm on here all the time but I don't post near as much as I did in the past. Lots of "stuff" going on in my life now that I'm dealing with. I check my moderator forums when I'm on but I admit I'm pretty easy on the posts.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C