Re: Singing

Ditto what Pete said.  Practice.  When you recognize that professional touring musicians still warm up for an hour or two before going out performing the same songs that they've played 10,000 times (literally, not figuratively), I think you can let yourself off the hook for needing some work after just having been at it for a little while. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I don't think anybody likes the sound of their own voice.  I sure as hell don't.  I once recorded myself singing "Margaritaville" at my bandmate's studio.  We started listening to it and it sounded perfectly horrible.  Then we got to talking about something entirely different while the song was playing and a minute or two later I realized that it was blending into the background and was totally unremarkable.  "Unremarkable" as in not horribly bad and not horribly good--that told me that my singing was at least passable and not to worry about it. Since then, I haven't worried about it.

I am by no means a good singer but I have found a good mike helps and most important pick songs that are in voice range. I tend to stay away from from singers or songs with a high voices, Led Zepplin, Arowsmith, Yes. I can sometimes sing Rolling Stones with out anyone throwing something at me

what a long strange trip it's been