Re: What inspired you to start playing guitar??

wlbaye wrote:

I don't think everyone is being honest here smile

I'll bet most started playing cause    Gals love Gittar Players

That's why I took up bass.  There were these three good-looking violin players.  I ended up being dear friends with two of them and the third broke my heart.  I'm still friends with the two and they are still good-looking!  (I am not)

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

wlbaye wrote:

I don't think everyone is being honest here smile

I'll bet most started playing cause    Gals love Gittar Players

It must be something else because they sure as heck don't love me.
The wife doesn't even like my playing...and I don't think anyone else does either.

sad
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Detman101 wrote:

I don't think anyone else does either.

sad
Dm

I do!  I do! 

Though I look pretty rotten in a bikini.  And the cute violin players are happily married. 

I really would love to have you over for some jamming.  It's that crazy time of year with parties and events and practices and whatnot.  But I really would love it if we could get together and maybe try some carols or something.  Turn some of those old Wesleyan Christmas hymns on their ear. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I had my gal before I started playing but I bet your right on this one Wayne!

southrnrockr wrote:

I had my gal before I started playing but I bet your right on this one Wayne!

So did I.   But since I don't play in public, not sure if chicks would dig me now....they certainly didn't before.   My awesome wife didn't go that route.  smile

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Zurf wrote:
Detman101 wrote:

I don't think anyone else does either.

sad
Dm

I do!  I do! 

Though I look pretty rotten in a bikini.  And the cute violin players are happily married. 

I really would love to have you over for some jamming.  It's that crazy time of year with parties and events and practices and whatnot.  But I really would love it if we could get together and maybe try some carols or something.  Turn some of those old Wesleyan Christmas hymns on their ear. 

- Zurf

Oh man, we must be on the same wavelength! I've been trying to learn christmas carols too!!!
I just learned the lead guitar to "Santa Claus is coming to town" and can play it in any key! The fingerings are the same all up and down the fretboard!!! Literally!!!!

I don't have anything going on this saturday...do you? If this saturday is too soon I'd be willing to lock in next saturday!

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I have a party on Saturday evening.  I'll check with my wife as to whether that would interfere with an afternoon jam.  As a typical male, I figure if the party is at 7:00 and it takes an hour to get there, that my preparations for the party start at about 5:45 (allowing ten minutes to stop by the vintner to pick up a nice bottle of wine as a hostess gift).  I have learned from experience that my wife's ideas of preparations are a bit different.

Kewl, Earlier is better for me too.
That way I can spend the evening with the family.

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Would a weekday evening work for you?  Didn't you mention that you have a practice space we could use sometime?

60 (edited by Detman101 2010-11-30 17:32:43)

Crap...the wife just put the kibosh on any plans for saturday.

Dangit dangit dangit...grrr.

Yes, a weekday (Monday, Wednesday or Friday) would work good. At this point I wouldn't be able to let the wife know about it though and I'd only have about 3 hours max that I could stay after work before she starts in on me.

>=[
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

OK.  Well my next Saturday is out because of visitors.  Then there's the last weekend before Christmas and I'm sure that I'll be roped into something unpleasant, then Christmas. 

I have taken off the week between Christmas and New Years and we have no plans.  If you've got time between the holidays, lets try and work something out.  Let's end the thread-jack though and go to e-mail or text.  use DAZurfluh@yahoo.com.

Roger that!!

=]
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Great question smile My Mom just married a good man that played guitar and at the same time Alice Coopers "Love it to Death" was released. I heard the acoustic for The Ballad of Dwight Fry, which he taught me on his Gibson Hummingbird and was hooked.
Man that was awhile ago...Thanks for the memory smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)