Re: I was asked to play at a party

Amy,You've got performing in your blood now. You said it yourself " I'm really excited to go play in public again ". Sorry to say things will never be the same. That's what drives us to go back and do it again and again. The excitement and enjoyment of playing for a group of people.
I've been playing out for years and I get excited when those days arrive. I don't get nervous ,I'm more like a kid at Christmas. I can't wait to get there and get started. I love it and can't get enough of it. It's not easy to put together a whole nights worth of music and then perform it. Most people don't know how much work is involved in getting ready to do one show.
Hours and hours of practice alone. But you've already made the first step. Don't turn the money down either. Everyone can certainly use a few extra bucks in their pockets. Maybe there is some new guitar or whatever your saving for. But don't forget the people. My biggest enjoyment is the friends I've made and the places I've played. Music is a wonderful thing. You GO Girl. Again , Best of Luck.

Joe