Re: Novo NGD para-me

Yes Phill, Hank won. I tried but could not get the stain out from deep inside the grain so I had to paint it in the end.

Thanks Jeff and Jerry I am well chuffed with her especially the tone. The action is very good too so she will handled alot. I intend to let the students try her out this week for their opinions too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I would SOOO like to find another Kramer Striker 6000.  I know they were the low end of kramer, but higher than a pacer. 

That was the first NEW guitar I ever bought.I think it was around 400. I bought this big rectangle case that would hold 3 standard size stomp boxes and a big compartment.   Also bought a Crate G20C stero chorus amp.  I just signed over my very first tax return check to the store, and then still owed them about 200 bucks.  I told them to hold everything for me till I could pay for it.  They smiled and  said "Scott after 3 years of seeing you amost every weekend, take it. We know were you live."  LOLOLOL THAT IS WHY THAT SHOP IS THE BEST ONE IN ASHEVILLE NC.  So if your visiting the town, Look up MUSICIANS WORKSHOP on Merrimon Ave.  Its family owned. See if Frank or Jack are there and tell them I said how great they are. (not intended to be an add.-- They just ROCK!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Resurrecting an old one here but bear with me please. The finish on this guitar soon became chipped and tarnished so my friend Richard (The Doc) asked me to strip it and let him have it. It has been a while but he took it to an auto body shop and had it refinished and lacquered with my nickname on it to match his Tele which has 'The Doc' on. (He also bought a Tanglewood so when we play together we can use out matching Tanglewoods or our 'signature' guitars). smile

As I have been waiting 6 months for this it is like having two NGD's in one week lol

Roger

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3744/11134442825_79e919da5b_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7412/11134634433_9c2f41881d_c.jpg

Love the candy apple red - just like my mustang! Now I want to hear the story behind "genius" - or is it just from your vast musical knowledge?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Howard, Richard and I are good friends and as Howard runs the music school he was nicknamed 'Prof' (Professor - Portuguese for teacher). Richard is a big Doctor Who fan with a Tardis drinks cabinet beside his swimming pool and a full size Dalek in his living room so 'The Doc' was an obvious choice.

They were struggling with a nickname for me, which I found amusing, until one day when I sorted out Howard's PC for him while Richard was there. Howard commented to Richard "The boy's a genius that PC has been a bother for ages" and Richard jumped on it and I have been 'Genius' ever since.

When Richard and I have a gig he will have mentioned my nickname several times and then ask if anyone remembers Thunderbirds. He then goes on to say that I am the father of 'Brains. :LOL:

Roger

Nice job, Roger!

It looks great, and I'm sure you must be deservedly proud. There are more than a few of us now thinking, "Why not try a project like that?"

Congrats on your resurrected guitar!

Tenement Funster wrote:

Nice job, Roger!

There are more than a few of us now thinking, "Why not try a project like that?"

Congrats on your resurrected guitar!

Well as Jx3 found out, its not so simple as spraying.  Roger mentioned that his friend did take it to an auto body shop to be painted, so that is one way to do it, the other (DIY) takes a lot of time, which some pple do have, so go for it.  just remember, if using auto finishes, they still need to be base coat and clear coat, wet sand up to 3000 grit then a quality rubbing compound (IE: not turtle wax or nu finish- more like 3M, Meguiars Mirror finish, pro stuff) then for best results a sealant or sealant wax. big_smile

Ok I may have gone to the extreem, but I love great paint!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)