Re: Deep Freeze

Chordiestock is looking sooo good today!
I asked my son if I could use his guitar for my trip,, he didn’t give the correct amt of enthusiasm, LOLOLOLOL
ill try againin a week or so.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

We've been in the freezer and up to our armpits in snow for the past 4 weeks, and as a good ol' Canadian boy I'm supposed to have the kahunas to tough it out. A normal Canadian winter is at least 4 months, but that doesn't mean I like it! Like a few others have said, just because we're used to it doesn't make it "fun". Despite having studded snow tires, lots of winter coats and boots, a snowblower, and a good heating system in a well-insulated house, winter can't be over soon enough IMHO.

Trout season in Nova Scotia starts April 1st ... just have to hang in there until then.

Sounds like we'll be up to 18 today and mid 40's by the weekend. Time to break out the shorts .lol

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

It will be up to 9 above today and warm up over the next few days I had to get a jump on my battery to start yesterday that is the 1st time since I have owned this car but in defense of my cold steed it sat for three days in sub zero below -20 be darn if I was going to leave the apartment good thing the landlord bleed the radiators and adjusted the thermostat for the building all the windows have a coating of frost smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

It will be up to 9 above today and warm up over the next few days I had to get a jump on my battery to start yesterday that is the 1st time since I have owned this car but in defense of my cold steed it sat for three days in sub zero below -20 be darn if I was going to leave the apartment good thing the landlord bleed the radiators and adjusted the thermostat for the building all the windows have a coating of frost smile

there is a song in that....

badeye cool

one caper after another

Just got home from spending 3 days at a state park lodge located on the Ohio/Indiana border.  The 5th was our 40th anniversary and the 8th (today) is Jen's birthday (her 39th wink ) so we decided to "get away" for a few days.  Wind chill was near -30 and the heat system at the lodge couldn't keep up (30ft ceilings and lots of glass), so the restaurant personnel allowed us to move a table within 3 feet of the dining room fireplace so we could be warm while eating and housekeeping had to provide us with extra blankets at night for our room.  Too cold to hike and roads were iced over and closed so we couldn't drive anywhere to look at local sights.  Due to the weather, many reservations had been cancelled so only 3 rooms out of 97 were occupied. It was nice to have the whole place almost to ourselves but it got pretty boring.  The biggest entertainment of the whole stay was provided by a water pipe that ruptured in the main lobby and poured hundreds of gallons of water into the lobby, gift shop and downstairs bar.

It was one of our most memorable anniversary get-aways and one we'll laugh about for a few years.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Dirty Ed ...

Congrats to and your wife on reaching the 40th mark! Obviously a flawless trip would be the ideal, but I guess no one reaches 40 years without being able to laugh at life's unavoidable calamities.

Best wishes to you both!