Re: CHORDIESTOCK III - 3/13/15 - 3/15/15 - save the date!

dino48 wrote:

Did you ever try doing American Pie? I would think that would be a good long song for the event.

Thanks Dino. Now you're going to make me relearn another song. roll

I love circle jams and I also love PA systems, can't wait it'll be good either way!!!

Later, Wayne P

Doug and Dino,

Out of curiosity, I checked out Amtrak and a trip for just me runs $432.00 senior fare and has that connecting train in DC you mentioned, which makes no sense to me.

So if Dondra came along?....... Well, one can easily see it'd be cheaper to fly. smile

I know AMTRAK is having financial problems, but think about it: They have a monopoly on train travel here in the US! I mean WTH???/

Well, at least we exhausted those options. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

"I was drunk the day my Mom got outta prison......"

smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

unclejoesband wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Did you ever try doing American Pie? I would think that would be a good long song for the event.

Thanks Dino. Now you're going to make me relearn another song. roll

Easy one too play,I was thinking each person could do a line of it then it would go too the next one with the rest of the group playing behind you. Just a thought.I will not be there so have a great time.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Doug and Dino,

Out of curiosity, I checked out Amtrak and a trip for just me runs $432.00 senior fare and has that connecting train in DC you mentioned, which makes no sense to me.

So if Dondra came along?....... Well, one can easily see it'd be cheaper to fly. smile

I know AMTRAK is having financial problems, but think about it: They have a monopoly on train travel here in the US! I mean WTH???/

Well, at least we exhausted those options. smile

Bill

Plane fare is cheaper,the Amtrac is Goverment run so I think you can see why.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dino, Not much cheaper. my friend. I forget what the price  was to Tampa, but it would have cost us about $500.00 round trip.

Think about that one, friends! I live one state away and that's what Delta charges.

I'd be better off drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln you talk about in your signature line, buddy! Be a faster trip, anyway! wink

Your Pal

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Looks like you may not make it this year,maybe you can start saving for next year,I wish I still had my fast cars I love speed!!

You're right, dino,

Not this year for sure, but maybe next year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCL7WTe … pzh1wGqph5   smile

Your Pal,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill good you tube of cody lots of good tunes.

Only a month away. Banner is up!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10842103_10206021808934456_9060340180197908344_o.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Jeff, it's getting close to the event and I'm really looking forward to it.  Could you pm me your new address?

Thanks,

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Me and Tommy McGee getting our guitars tuned up, camping gear ready!  Looking forward to meeting the Chordie Krew!!

SteveO

Dirty Ed wrote:

Jeff, it's getting close to the event and I'm really looking forward to it.  Could you pm me your new address?

Thanks,

DE

Ken - I just sent an email to you and all other chordie folks (that I had email for) with address contact info, etc.

Only 3 weeks away!

Be expecting a shipment.  Looking forward to seeing you again.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

topdown wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:

Thanks,

DE

Ken - I just sent an email to you and all other chordie folks (that I had email for) with address contact info, etc.

Only 3 weeks away!

Got it! Thanks

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

OK Folks - getting close now. 3 weeks from tonight chordiestock III should be in full swing. I've sent out contact info and a tentative agenda - If your plans are set, it would be nice to know who is coming and when. I'm taking Friday and Monday off so anytime from Thursday night on folks are welcome.

I've got Zurf, Wayne and Roger flying in Thursday evening. Beamer is coming in Friday a.m. How 'bout the rest of you - SteveO? Ken, UJB, Jets - are you plans set?

Unfortunately, I'm still on the fence. I just saw a longer range forecast and this arctic blast looks to be staying around through at least the first week of March. With it comes the potential for snow and like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I have to be here if it snows or lose my contracts.

Well I'm officially out. I had a fairly major breakdown in the plow truck this morning as I was finishing up my run. It's looking like a 4 figure repair which unfortunately is coming out of my travel fund. sad

Have a good time. Take lots of pics and video and I'll enjoy it from here.

Joe

Sorry to hear that Joe - hopefully you can make it next year.

On a plus side for Roger and Zurf - looks like there will be beds available for you instead of a tent!

Tommy Butafuco and I are there! Thx for letting us set up camp in the backyard! See you soon!

topdown wrote:

On a plus side for Roger and Zurf - looks like there will be beds available for you instead of a tent!

Like this:

http://91ef69bade70f992a001-b6054e05bb416c4c4b6f3b0ef3e0f71d.r93.cf3.rackcdn.com/girl-playing-guitar-100216120.jpg

or maybe this:

http://favim.com/orig/201107/07/bed-girl-guitar-music-scar-scars-Favim.com-96912.jpg

lol smile lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

idd go for this   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBvmv8kt4U

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

That is a sofa and not a bed - so it does not count! smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

It counts.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude