Re: The 1st Jet aircraft

I too was a model builder when I could get enough coins together to buy a kit. The Corsair, P40,P38 and F86 Saber Jet were my favorites.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Dirty Ed wrote:

If y'all ever want to have a Chordie get-together in Ohio, then the nearby National Museum of the Air Force in nearby Dayton would be a "must-see" visit while in the area.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/index.asp

There are over 300 planes on display including several WW II planes mentioned in this thread - (ME262, ME163, Black Widow, P-51, DeHavilland Mosquito, Mitsubishi Zero) as well as modern planes like the SR-71 Blackbird and a couple versions of the F-111.  Some of my favorite displays are the old bombers - B-17, B-24, B29 as well as some of the WW I fighters.

DE

The Air force Museum and the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame are on my bucket list.! Both right there in Ohio

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:

If y'all ever want to have a Chordie get-together in Ohio, then the nearby National Museum of the Air Force in nearby Dayton would be a "must-see" visit while in the area.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/index.asp

There are over 300 planes on display including several WW II planes mentioned in this thread - (ME262, ME163, Black Widow, P-51, DeHavilland Mosquito, Mitsubishi Zero) as well as modern planes like the SR-71 Blackbird and a couple versions of the F-111.  Some of my favorite displays are the old bombers - B-17, B-24, B29 as well as some of the WW I fighters.

DE

The Air force Museum and the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame are on my bucket list.! Both right there in Ohio

Also the Pro Football Hall of Fame is located in Canton, not far from the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.
BTW, if you open the link I posted for the Air Force Museum and click on the virtual tour and follow the arrows you can view a lot of the exhibits. Follow the blue arrows in numerical order and at each stop use the other grey arrows to do a 360 degree view.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs