Re: Your Own Review(s) Of Your Gig(s)?

mekidsmom wrote:

A few years ago several of us "Chordians" met up at a campsite in Virginia.  Don't let Dirty Ed fool ya.  He's a very VERY humble man, amazing picker, fantastic storyteller, and a freaking blast and a half to meet in person.  Upon meeting his wife last year at a Chordie get together, I swear I was meeting one of the sweetest women I've ever met in my life.  Also, very humble and so pleasant to be around.  Anyhow... I do have a few recordings gathered together and photos from the VA gathering posted on the tube.  smile  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD8Oe-BBMOQ  - The first song is Dirty Ed, with one of his most requested originals at the campfires.  The next is me with a cover.  After that is Zurf with one of his originals (or it's a DE song?  I'm losing my memory on who owns that song for sure).  After that is the amazing Normtheguitar all the way from the UK with his magical fingers.  Jets60 with his beautiful family, Mekidsdad (my hubby), and GuitarPix and his beautiful fun loving wife were also in attendance.

On topic - I don't really have any real gigs to speak of.  I've played with my Dad at an open mic (that we pretty much took over), and filled in during the breaks at a Birthday Party once (people wanted to know why they didn't start out with me playing and singing since I was more relaxing to listen to for the older folks - they didn't realize I wasn't "hired" which was a pretty cool feeling).  I made a buck or two busking with my daughter at a local open air craft show.  Been singing in public since I was a kid, but my knees still knock when I know people are watching.  wink

I really enjoy listening to your youtube songs Amy.  You remind me of a local singer/songwriter I have shared some stage time with. (Or maybe she reminds me of you?) Anyway, her name is Stacey Skaggs and here's a link to some of her originals.  I can just hear you belting out some of her tunes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u1AtOtV_lU

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Your Own Review(s) Of Your Gig(s)?

I think the best "gig" I ever did was at chordiestock last year.it was a very moving experiance as i personally dont like my voice as most times its flat and off key.  I did my primary songalong with teh support of something like 8 other players and something took over and at teh end I had Z and jeff rushing up to me saying how good it was and the whole porch clapping.  I dont even remember it hapening.  but I fewlt high!  so gig wise thats the best.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)