Re: Your Weather

Well northern Virginia is....wet...then sunny...then wet...then sunny again....then raining buckets...then just cloudy...muggy as all get out too.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:

Well northern Virginia is....wet...then sunny...then wet...then sunny again....then raining buckets...then just cloudy...muggy as all get out too.

Sounds a lot like central Pa. right now.  roll

We've had a stretch of hot, humid weather, with only a couple hours rain in the past 4 weeks ... my lawn is brown. There have been several days where our temps have exceeded 40-degrees C (that's about 105 Fahrenheit). After a cool / damp June, we're on pace for a record high / dry July.

and then the heavy rain came............

we were dry as a bone for weeks - really needed rain - now we are gonna get a lot - too bad it wasn't just consistently spread out over a couple weeks

Hoping that we have no flooding

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I'm not looking forward to this trip to PA. I'll be up there Wednesday through Sunday. A lot of bridge crossings with two significant creeks and countless un-named ones, and every one of them will be a hazard.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

I'm not looking forward to this trip to PA. I'll be up there Wednesday through Sunday. A lot of bridge crossings with two significant creeks and countless un-named ones, and every one of them will be a hazard.

The Swatara and the Conodoguinet are really bad right now and it's going to get worse. They're now talking about possible river flooding in the New Cumberland area. Map your route carefully.

"THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE PA HAS ISSUED A* FLOOD WARNING FOR URBAN AREAS AND SMALL STREAMS IN...WEST CENTRAL LANCASTER COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY IN CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...DAUPHIN COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...FRANKLIN COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA......ADDITIONAL RAINFALL WILL OCCUR THIS MORNING ANDFLOODING WILL CONTINUE. ADDITIONALLY, FLOODING IS ALSO LIKELY TODEVELOP OVER FRANKLIN COUNTY AND WESTERN PORTIONS OF ADAMS,CUMBERLAND, AND PERRY COUNTIES AS HEAVIER RAINS SHIFT OVER THATREGION THIS MORNING.* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE...HARRISBURG, YORK, WILLIAMSPORT, CHAMBERSBURG, CARLISLE, LOWERALLEN, HANOVER, HERSHEY, COLONIAL PARK, WEIGELSTOWN, ELIZABETHTOWN,WAYNESBORO, SUNBURY, LOCK HAVEN, PROGRESS, MECHANICSBURG,MIDDLETOWN, CAMP HILL, GETTYSBURG AND PALMYRA."

Looks like the Laurel Highlands where I'm going will miss the worst of it. I'll be going over the affected stream sheds on I-70 - with bridges well above the creeks. I won't be getting on to secondary roads until Breezewood, and then immediately heading for high ground over the mountains.

I'm sorry to see about my old stomping grounds around Lock Haven getting clobbered, and I've got a lot of friends in the Harrisburg/Carlisle/Camp Hill area (including present company).  Here's hoping your home and camp stay safe, Uncle Joe. It might be time to lash on a PFD before getting behind the wheel. Sheesh.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude