Re: Football 2015-2016 season

Bad day for all our teams Arizonia looks like they are a Super Bowl bound team.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

49ers beat the rams the Seahawks nailed the cardinals,I did not watch the other games.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The Seahawks have been red hot lately, but they've got a long road to get to the SB again.   They match up well against Minnesota in the wild card round.   Last time the Seahawks offense ran up some ridiculous numbers on them, but the Vikings have a bunch of defensive players back, so I don't think you will see that again.   Defensively, though, I don't see much changing.   They'll sell out against AP like they did last time and trust their secondary to stop Bridgewater.  I see the 'Hawks winning that one, not as easily as the last time, though.  It is supposed to be 6 degrees on Sunday?  Yowza!

The divisional round is the one that is going to hurt.  Carolina gets no respect and have been playing lights out football all year long.   Panthers-Seahawks tilts always end up being 12-9 slugfests, and I don't see this one being any different.

But that's looking ahead.  I don't like to do that.  smile

In college ball, its Alabama vs Clemson.   I'm going to pull for the Tide because Nick Saban is a Don James product, and for no other reason.  Ohio State kind of got screwed, I think, and the beating they delivered to Notre Dame reflected that, while the beating Michigan State took demonstrated that they weren't perhaps the best choice.  We should remove choice from the equation.

I'd like to see the conferences scrap the NCAA outright, create four "super conferences" of 16 teams split into two divisions of eight teams each.   The two division winners play each other, and that creates four conference champions which can play for the title.    Smaller schools can win their way into the bottom of the league much like they do in EPL Soccer.   That way every school has a shot, all championship decisions are made on the field, and it adds at most one more game to the schedule for schools that don't already have a conference championship game.   The computers can decide seeding or something like that if they have to.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I think they will beat minn. Carolina will be a hard one too hold back.     Collage ball needs a huge overhall sounds like you have a good plan there.   They fired 49ers coach 2 hours after yesterdays game!!!.

The Packers need a triage center please oh please send us some FAST wide outs who are taller then a munchkin and can CATCH the ball and someone take Aarons head out of his behind and move the offence

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

The Packers need a triage center please oh please send us some FAST wide outs who are taller then a munchkin and can CATCH the ball and someone take Aarons head out of his behind and move the offence

Sounds like Green Bay had a loss yesterday,they need J.Nelson back and some better protection for Arron .

jerome.oneil wrote:
topdown wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

*  The Jameis Winston Marcus Mariota Flying Circus.  Neither team is going to be any good, but Mariota will be a better NFL QB if his offensive line doesn't get him killed, ala Jake Locker.  Winston is a head case, and will either be Jeff George or Ryan Leaf, depending on if he has his impulse control problems solved or not.

I live in the Tampa Bay area and have been hearing about Jameis non-stop for over a year now. While I agree, he did some bone-headed things in college and I was extremely skeptical about drafting him, since he has become a buc, he has said and done everything that could be asked. All reports and early training camp buzz has been extremely positive.

Training camp buzz is what the media reports on in order to sell more dish soap.   I look at his behavior when Oregon was kicking the snot out of him.  He had a meltdown and didn't look like a guy that I'd want under center under pressure.   If Oregon's (admittedly under rated) defensive front can elicit that kind of response out of him, I can't help but wonder what he's going to do when JJ Watt and Charles Johnson are up under his grill all night.

He is an incredible athlete, a gym rat and great student.

All of this is true.

He is a natural leader and exudes charisma.

All of this is not true.  He is not a great leader.  He is quite the opposite.  He is immature, has impulse control issues, and has been generally unaccountable for his actions, and protected from their repercussions by his academic institution.   

While 1 stupid move could wipe out all of the positives, so far, so good.

That would be after the long string of stupid moves he's made in the past?   The list of leopards that change their spots at this point in their life is pretty small.   Chris Carter is the only guy I can think of that's managed to do that.

So while the bucs season was nothing to get excited about, Jameis' performance certainly was. He kept his nose clean, was a model citizen and has become the leader of this team. He had the 3rd best all-time season as a rookie QB in terms of yardage (behind Luck and Newton) and threw less INTs than the both of them. I'd say the Bucs have found their franchise QB.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

So while the bucs season was nothing to get excited about, Jameis' performance certainly was. He kept his nose clean, was a model citizen and has become the leader of this team. He had the 3rd best all-time season as a rookie QB in terms of yardage (behind Luck and Newton) and threw less INTs than the both of them. I'd say the Bucs have found their franchise QB.

He did far better than I expected (true of Mariotta as well)  and his attitude certainly appears to have improved.   That all bodes well.   It think it's fair to say that the next generation of QBs is in the house.   Luck, Wilson, Newton, Mariotta, Winston...  That's the face of the NFL. 

I found it interesting that the Bucks, while continuing to suck, were in contention for their division right up until week 16 ( I think ), with a rookie QB still fired Lovie Smith yesterday.

jerome.oneil wrote:

I found it interesting that the Bucks, while continuing to suck, were in contention for their division right up until week 16 ( I think ), with a rookie QB still fired Lovie Smith yesterday.

The firing of Lovie was a shock here in Tampa as well. Most pundits were calling for giving him at least another year. Speculation is that there has been interest from other teams in hiring our OC, Dirk Koetter as a head coach. Dirk is an awesome coach, and has had much to do with the progress of Jameis - Koetter is first in line for the HC position - if that is the case, I fully support the change. Lovie is supposedly a defensive guru and while we improved our record, our defense was still ranked 26th in terms of scoring. Pass defense was especially pathetic. Penalties are another huge issue - Tampa was 31st in penalties - week after week, Lovie's only response was "we are going to fix that". That lack of discipline falls directly on the head coach.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Playoffs now,Seattle won. Green Bay just got going.

Green Bay is still alive and going too the next level!!

Seattle "won" by some alternate version  of the word.  smile  Their offense was horrible.  Multiple timeouts because they couldn't get organized on the field,  delay of game penalties, overthrown passes, and it seemed like the Vikings held the ball all day long (although the box score disagrees with me.)

Walsh just straight up shanked that final field goal.  The football Gods reached out and touched the 'Hawks this week.

Carolina will kill them if the play like that next weekend.

163 (edited by dino48 2016-01-11 20:04:01)

They got lucky that last kick was so off  The laces of the ball were in he may have been of because of them.

Seattle's defense was it's spectacular usual self.   Walsh scored the only points the Vikes had all day, and now he's to blame for them losing?    After the game he said something like "It doesn't matter if he lays the ball flat on the turf, it's my job to put it through the upright, and I didn't do that.  It's on me."  AP averaging 2 yards a carry didn't help, and even though I like Bridgewater, he's got a couple years before he reaches his prime.

Walsh is a good kicker, though.

He can kick good but they blew it that last kick it was way off.

166 (edited by dino48 2016-01-15 01:33:22)

The 49ers hired chip Kelley as the new coach. He would not be my choice He is mostly offence and will not support defence that much.

167 (edited by dino48 2016-01-17 16:03:56)

Russell that was an amazing ending too last nights Packers Cardinal game. packers had a lot of their best players out on the injured list.

Seattle got nailed by the Panthers they almost came back in the second half.

dino48 wrote:

Russell that was an amazing ending too last nights Packers Cardinal game. packers had a lot of their best players out on the injured list.

Lots of thrills and hard hitting and in the end it came down to heads or tails who ever won the coin toss was going to win

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Lots of thrills and hard hitting and in the end it came down to heads or tails who ever won the coin toss was going to win

The irony of it is they had too throw the coin twice it did not flip the first time! I do not remember a more remarkable halemary then the one Rogers threw.

That was an epic beat down.  Ouch.

My Superbowl hope:  Denver v Arizona.  Either way, you get to see Peyton Manning go out a winner, or Carson Palmer get the "can't win in the post season" monkey off his back.

As far as the ending of the Packers/Cardinals game:  Tackle Larry Fitzgerald.

Having said that, when I am the NFL commissioner,   the officiating rules will begin like this:  "If you screw up the coin toss, you are fired."

jerome.oneil wrote:

That was an epic beat down.  Ouch.

My Superbowl hope:  Denver v Arizona.  Either way, you get to see Peyton Manning go out a winner, or Carson Palmer get the "can't win in the post season" monkey off his back.

As far as the ending of the Packers/Cardinals game:  Tackle Larry Fitzgerald.

Having said that, when I am the NFL commissioner,   the officiating rules will begin like this:  "If you screw up the coin toss, you are fired."

It looks like it will come down too those teams. I am going too stay away from the stadium that day it will be a mess.

Can't count out the Brady Bunch,,,   lol

badeye   cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

Can't count out the Brady Bunch,,,   lol

badeye   cool

There back again but it would be good too see other teams at the super bowl.

looks like we got the Broncos and the Pantherrs,they beat the cardanils  so bad yesterday. Super Bowl 2 weeks and at Levi's stadium.