Re: 4 Old Doll

Lamoni Nico Fidow,/ Don Corleone!
I hope you enjoyed your Fathers Day! and received all the pressies your heart desired! Not just the " Jocks and Socks Kind"?
Come on now with your "Island Beat Music" If i could learn how to post!. Believe me anyone can!!
In the meantime Clarey and I will organise a "Fiafia"and maybe you can inform us on where to get a "Pandunas" to make our Costumes for the Opening night of your postings! Dont keep us waiting to long now!

Sláinte,

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Call me Clarey please! The Austin tag has to go, I picked it up along the way and it is now thoroughly redundant. Hopefully there'll be a man on a plane to Dublin next Thursday who can help me change it!

Where do I live? That is a good question, at the moment I am in Donegal, Ireland, but home is Portugal. I chose to live there about 10 years ago having spent most of my life in Ireland and UK.

I was invited to come back to Ireland to work for a while, so here I am. Still a bit of a culture shock but am enjoying the music scene here. Work is very busy but I am getting to travel a lot and can see how Ireland has really changed since I left.

Father's Day sounds cool... hope you got all the great pressies that every Dad deserves. Guitar gear is always good, socks always a little disappointing. I wonder when they're going to invent a day for those of us without kids? We need more opportunities to satisfy our guitar habits!

I will have to try to log on earlier in the day. Its always after a late night's work, brain is buzzing trying to slow down, then all of a sudden I fall face-down on the keyboard a-slumber. Where can I get a padded keyboard? Maybe I should just go to bed.

PS Old Doll, can you remind me what a Fiafia-majig thingie is. I'd hate to book the wrong type of caterer!! You've reminded me of the portuguese word for slippers which is "pantufas", I  love that word, it sounds like the name of a storybook spongy toy animal. Pantufas!!!

G'night folks smile

Hey Clarey and Old Doll,
Well the fathers day went well and while I never got a new guitar I did get a lot of music!!  I celebrated by quickly writing my children a song for them too.  Called, "Thank You's For Being You's"  But must admit got a bit emoional when I played it to them. (Must be getting tender in my old age!)
The next time I get a chance to spend some time on here I will try and post a song okay?  In the mean time I have been happily reading all the posts here.  Must say I love this site.
"Fiafia" is pretty much a party or a gathering that has more than one person.  It is a time when song and dance and lots of fun take place and like the Irish guys we have them as much as we can.
I was looking through a Ireland Rugby web site and there seems to be a few Samoan guys over there playing.  Good on them.  Oh yeah, my selection for the Rugby world cup which starts this week.........well the final will between Ireland and Samoa !!!!  Good Luck.
Old Doll your grasp of the Samoan Language "Gagana Samoa" comes very easily.  So cool and very good.
Can you please tell me how, Slainte is prononced.  Is it Ceelantee ? Please excuse me if it totally wrong.
Okay I shall head off........don't tell anyone because I am writing this at my work.
I promise I shall try and post a song or two for your comment.

Ray (Lamoni)

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Hi Don Corleone Sir!
First of all its nice to be tender at any age! { Good Quality to have} Sure i cry at the drop of a hat! Happy or sad.

Sláinte is pronounced----Slawncha. This word is used lots of ways! It can be " Cheers, goodhealth, goodluck,goodbye.
Don some time ago a singer here sang a song called { Under the breadfruit Tree} i always wondered what it was about? Have you  ever heard of it?
tried you tube, but no joy! Will look her up on another site!She is an Irish bluesy Jazz Singer. With an interesting life Story!
2017 for your songs on chordie Don? Hmm, lets see! ill be about 50!!!, and if you believe that "This Bean An Tí"  { Woman of the House} will tell you more!lol. I will Probably be good fertilizer in the ground somewhere! line dancing with the daisies!!.

Clarey!,
Fiafia as Don explained, is like our good old fashioned " Hooley" Only they dress better for it"  Now we have to wear Pandunas! Like togas only made from matting, and colourfully finished with feathers and Flowers! You could wear you Pantufas with your Pandunas, all matching of cource { We dont want to let the side down} Maybe start a  new trend Girl!
For this Hooley you have to learn to play a " Sielo". You will need some strings, a broom handle,large box or bucket for sound effect!  Don will show you how its done on his work break?  and i will learn the Uke! "Now! i have to subscribe to Other Instruments on Chordie! Sure i may give up work altogether"!.
Don! some nice Island recipes please for your special night! "I really want them for my self!" I us coconut milk in Green Curry! Thai, but thats another story!!
I'd best bring this tome to an end! And dont look now Don Corleone, But your boss is on his way! Better look busy! lol.

Sláinte
Old Doll.

Another weary night, there must be some songs in here somewhere. Will catch up with you all tomorrow, PG.

G'night folks smile

Hi Don Corleone,

Re Emails!. Here is a link for you to peruse when your Boss is not around..

http://www.irish-national-stud.ie/japanese.html

I love this place so much, i even designed a piece of Zen Gardening for my own

garden this year! Small but Zen.. This place is a must for visitors, whether you like horses or not.. So much to see there.

Enjoy Ray.

Roger Guppy, this guy could give you trouble tonight? As the "All Blacks trounced Portugal in the Rugby Today!.

Now Lads, Its Saturday Night and the Moon is out, im gonna head on over to the Twist and Shout, AH COME ON LADS WHAT YOU DONT KNOW JUST LALA! TEHE.................................

Enjoy Chordie.

Old Doll .
Clarey Darlin are you alright? Well did he propose? I could do with a new Hat! x

Hey Old Doll,
Thank you for the link to The National Stud.  Beautiful Zen gardens and really complements the horsey side of things.  I just been racing a couple of mine up the island and I needed the atmosphere of a Zen garden, after they raced !!!  Hit in the pocket.  But worse was to come this morning when I sat down to watch Ireland play France in the Rugby World Cup.  I put what little I had left over on Ireland to trounce France.  But alas, it was not to be.  Samoa have been beaten by our neighbours Tonga.  Its the first time Tonga has beaten Samoa in years.  Oh what the hell...................its only a game.  However the All Blacks are doing well (because they have a lot of Samoans in the team!)
It's Saturday night here in town and while everyone here parties...................I am working.

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Hi DonCorleone,
Well if you saw the way my heart is bleeding for you that Samoa was beaten
in the rugby, you would be very impressed.
Now all you have is NewZealand!
Talk about being a lucky Git! Be grateful you Islander !!.

See all the Dosh you lost on your nags!!. Heres what you need to do!

Get some Poitín {Poteen} Irish Moonshine . When next grooming your horses
give them a real good rub down of this stuff. Its great for horses/ greyhounds,
well known in these parts. The  lady who taught me my massage used it on her greyhounds! we here use it for muscular aches as well. Great stuff, would strip paint..
The real story about Shergar! They rubbed to much Poitín on him and he is still
running 17 years later!! So rub them well, put all your money on them and some for Misé {me]. Then send my winnings to my offshore bank account>.

God i nearly forgot! Rub plenty on your self  Don,as your gonna need it to keep up with them!! lol.  If they dont win you wont feel any pain anyway.
Below is your Celebratory Song.
As its only Sat night here, this Old Doll is going party /sing!!

THE POTEEN SONG
Now learned men who use the pen have wrote your praises high
That sweet Poteen from Ireland green, distilled from wheat and rye:
Throw away your pills, it will cure all ills of Pagan, Christian, or Jew
Take off your coat and grease your throat wish the real old mountain dew
Slán agus happy racing!

Old Doll.

Porteen

I was told by Doll, a splendid soul, to rub some Porteen on
I massaged and rubbed, sipped and drank, till the pain had gone.
But in the morning, when the sun was dawning, with the horses I did work,
Full of glee and carefully, I took them on the track,
I felt so good and ran so strong - that I beat them there and back..............

Tofa Soifua
Ray

STRIKE! Don Corleone.
Sore head and all that goes with it today. Your Reply made me bust out laughing.. nice one. I love people with a healthy sense of fun..You just proved you have one!

I could do with a run myself today! I ate and drank my years calories all in one go last night. Great Music, from the last 30 years. Surprise visits from family
all the way from Boston. Ah Yes! my Sons House was well warmed and blessed with goodness last night..
See thoses wee baby back spare ribs with barbacue sauce! They are sinful.
Creole Chicken, Mozzarella Sticks, You name i ate it. Must be something to do with our famine history..... No wonder i dont feel the Mae West today..

Any one want to hold and mind me today! I could do with some TLC.?

God that was a great response! Will some one  "Hold me till i Cry"

Have a Good Day Don Corleone Sir!
PS. you need a shower!"God your only Honking after all that running!TEHE.

Old Doll.

Would you like a cup of soothing Tea Old Doll? Make ye feel all better.Sounds like you had the munchies. Seems when food tastes so good you just don't want to stop.Been there.
Glad you had a great nite out.

Take Care...Badeye.

Gem say's hi.

one caper after another

Hi Badeye,
Just chilling here. Listening to some great music. Cup of cha would be lovely
thanks! your a little darlin.
I love the Backstreet Street Boys song Badeye " I want you back again." I came accross this today. Nearly busted myself laughing.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=HYokLWfqbaU

Enjoy,

Old Doll.

Thanks for that Old Doll. I always like a good laugh too.
That tea will be steeped in a few minutes. lol.

Have a great day.... Badeye.

one caper after another

DonCorleone Sir!

Best start rubbin in the ould Poteen  to thoses bones tonight, "Your own i mean" after that diaster tonight?.. Holey Moley, what happened to them? Did you not pass on the poteen tips?
Might i suggest a song or two?  just to keep you occupied?

Old Doll.

Lena this follows on from your post on the song writing forum I thought it sort of slipped off topic a bit
and I didn’t want to bring down the gentle wrath of our Moderators. lol smile

There’s an saying that goes “Every person has a book in them all I can say Lena is you must have a library.
It’s a pleasure to read  your responses.
It’s funny in life some people leave lasting impressions while others just fade away.
Your circus man certainly did that for you.
I don’t really know much about Irelands politics but I know the R.C. church  had a big hand in holding up political change and so held back the rights of people especially women’s.                                                 
The right of women to have legal abortions was especially held back.
You being apart of getting some change must  have given you satisfying sense of achievement .
Lena sorry I asked you a question lol……No way.

Regards

Ark

Thank you Ark

for your reply! God what was i on this morning? Must have been all the Fajhaitas and Natchos i ate last night, not to mention the sour cream.
overload of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees lol. Oh a just a wee drop of wine? alright then! 3 glasses.

Would you have known  this one from the past?
This guy was 70 today! Makes me feel old. But it was and is a great song.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=39ESOKkU1ho

Hey Lena,
I have been away for a bit - taking my horses on a circuit and they all performed better than the ALL BLACKS !  I was kicking myself because I never got to watch the game due to working my horses and then someone tells me they lost anyway.  Crack up!  The entire country was in mourning!!! 
Question:  "Whats the difference between and teabag the All Blacks?"
Answer: "The teabag stays in the cup longer"
I was not too bad as my horses raced well that day!!!
Now another side issue...............I am not the greatest on the computer and yesterday I neatly wrote out a song that I was going to post in the 'songwriting' section, with all the little brackets etc, then 'wham'  lost the lot.  I know....all you guys out there will be saying, save, save, save, but its not that easy when you're concentrating on getting the brackets thingees in the right place wink, so as to make sure the song wasn't a complete mess.  Anyway promise I will try again.
And finally......the winner of the Rugby World Cup will be...............................who's playing? big_smile

Hi Don,
Good to hear from you. Thank God it wasn't all your betting slips?

I had all my notes for Classes and workshops hand written for years. Then some people
would request copies of themes i would discuss at these venues.. I sat one day all day

typing everything into a PC. so i could do printouts! After all my hard work i to lost all.
I now use Microsoft office word. this auto saves, but i also save just in case.

Irelands soccor team were playing same time as the rugby, and even though the club had 2 tvs I must admit

I did watch the soccor.Well Don !This was just as exciting as watching someone tuck there  Shirt into there Jocks!

No Olympic Standards here! Ive had better moves on a dance floor and more scores! " even if i say so myself" LOL..
So i went and spoke to the guy who was doing the music for the night!

I Guy,some equipment,great voice, boy! did he play some of the best music  spanning 30 years. Now his
performance was worthy of a gold!. I went home a happy bunny.

I will look forward to your song adorning the "Forums Song Writing Section" as i do with everyone!

Don't forget "Save save save" Not all the Dosh of your winnings now? Your words! Don Corleone Sir".

Slán and keep trotting!!

Old Doll.