Re: The time is right!

Hi all, its been a few weeks now since I restrung both guitars, the Gibson and the Sigma with the bronze 80/20 strings and I gotta tell ya,....... I am pleased as punch! That's the sound! Deep, loud and full bodied even out of the 00018 Sigma. And something else that makes me resonate right down to the bones, is all your care and wishes for my health and for that.....thank you, each and every one of you. This is a special place to come and read and learn and follow along with all of you who post here. As I stated when I posted earlier, I have been coming here for quite some time even though I never posted, I learned and laughed and loved with all of you and will continue to do so! Thank you again... your friend, Trevor Calhoun.

27 (edited by Classical Guitar 2018-05-02 20:16:17)

eppy55 strings make a tremendous difference as you have found already. I play classical and the same guitars with the wrong strings sounds and plays differently than using the right string. And the right tension is just as important. What tension  is the strings you are using?

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

I like your choice of the 80/20 strings, Eppy, which I also prefer. It seems that most acoustic guitarists prefer the Phosphor-Bronze strings, but I find the 80/20' s a bit brighter with a stronger sound projection. Sounds like you're really enjoying your new sound ... and that's what it's all about!