Re: Posting pictures on Chordie

Fantastic pics Jan
You look fabulous !
Love that little electric uke in the photo.

Mekidsmom (Amy) taught me how to post pics on chordie - wish she was still on here.
She had a golden voice like you as well Jan.

You are so considerate - I would never have thought about background people

Graham - Link did not work for me either.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Guitar enthusiasts can find and share chords and tabs for their favorite songs on Chordie. Users are able to share pictures related to songs they are sharing on Chordie, in addition to finding accurate chords and tabs.     

Peatle Jville wrote:

Jan their good pics of you thank you for sharing. Growing up as a kid my Mum use to love playing and singing with her ukulele it was a happy part of my growing up.  With the ukulele making a big comeback with groups popping up all over the world like the one that you and Easy beat were in makes me think it should be taught as an instrument to kids in schools due to it being not too expensive an instrument to start on. I remember hearing J 'ukeville  playing together upstairs at the 1841 it was good to see you all having a good time with it and putting out a good sound.

Thanks, Peatle for the lovely comment.  We have actually met a few times as you know, so you and Brian know me anyway, but most of the others on here don't, so thought I better send my mug shot and join in with the request smile
Yes, you would have good memories with your mum and her ukulele sing alongs.  I too have great family memories of ukuleles, guitars and on occasion if in a house, piano, where family would get together for some occasion, or holiday and out would come the instruments and a merry assortment of songs would be played and sung by those present.  Very fond memories as a child growing up.   Sadly, doesn't seem to happen as much these days.
I do know some schools are teaching children the ukulele and have classes after school for them.  One of the guys I know and who I used to go to his ukulele group, he teaches the ukulele at school's full time now and also runs holiday programs for the kids as well for ukulele lessons.   When I used to be involved with a couple of ukulele groups, we would go busking and make enough money to buy and then donate a good number of ukuleles to different schools each year.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

TIGLJK wrote:

Fantastic pics Jan
You look fabulous !
Love that little electric uke in the photo.

Mekidsmom (Amy) taught me how to post pics on chordie - wish she was still on here.
She had a golden voice like you as well Jan.

You are so considerate - I would never have thought about background people

Graham - Link did not work for me either.

Jim

Thanks Jim, very kind of you. 
Yeah, that little uke is my favorite out of my collection of ukes and is the one I play the most.  Funny how you get your favorites isn't it.   I do have a few different ones and get them out from time to time but always end up going back to that one smile
Yes, it's a shame Amy stopped joining in here, she was such a valuable contributor here and I agree, she had a lovely voice and I always enjoyed listening to her music.  She and her hubby were great at hosting Chordie get togethers at their house every year.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan