Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

Hi everyone, been a bit of the busy month for me, so catching up tonight.

TIGLJK, great lyrics from you once again in your song.  I re-read them a couple of times tonight and it kinda made me sad, which lyrically is a good thing right?  It hit the spot to your listener or in this case reader.   Relationships, marriage losing that first love or that special thing between two people.

neophytte, Dancing in the dark, you covered it really well, it suited you vocally and your style.  I agree with the above comments that the guitar could be quieter or increase the loudness of your voice recording.  Otherwise, a good cover and suited you.
neophytte, your Crowded House cover was good as well.  I could definitely hear the phaser sound to this recording.  Nicely performed.


And with all that said, better late than never, here is my very quick recording tonight for FSOTM with the word SEA. 
https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan/sea-of-love     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

Even later   mainly due  to  the awful  Covid  which  has  struck  me  down again .I  had  to  call  in some  help  from the  late  Woody  Guthrie  with  this  cover  of  the  Doors  Road house blues .(its  not  really    Woody    just  a  nice  badge  my  wife  bought me )
https://youtu.be/6AFIsmPgW4A     

28 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-09-29 05:26:07)

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

Jandle, good choice of song. You do it good.
Grah, hope you get over Covid soon.  Good cover only thing lacking was a harmonica solo. Your guitar and voice and guitar worked good in the true Blues tradition.

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

really enjoyed your version Grah
also it`s a great song to choose.
i have a friend that i introduced to The Doors,he was scathing of them.
i said hey don`t knock the doors  (ha ha ha)     

The King Of Audio Torture

30 (edited by neophytte 2022-09-29 06:34:53)

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

Jandle wrote:

neophytte, Dancing in the dark, you covered it really well, it suited you vocally and your style.  I agree with the above comments that the guitar could be quieter or increase the loudness of your voice recording.  Otherwise, a good cover and suited you.
neophytte, your Crowded House cover was good as well.  I could definitely hear the phaser sound to this recording.  Nicely performed.

And with all that said, better late than never, here is my very quick recording tonight for FSOTM with the word SEA. 
https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan/sea-of-love

Thanks for the feedback, I had a listen to your song and it sounded quite good!!

Grah1 wrote:

Even later   mainly due  to  the awful  Covid  which  has  struck  me  down again .I  had  to  call  in some  help  from the  late  Woody  Guthrie  with  this  cover  of  the  Doors  Road house blues .(its  not  really    Woody    just  a  nice  badge  my  wife  bought me )
https://youtu.be/6AFIsmPgW4A

Nice tune, liked your badge and hope you're feeling better!!!

Cheers

Richard

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, poor singer ]-
My songs             http://neophytte.mine.nu/audio/
My Soundcloud   https://soundcloud.com/neophytte1
My YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnDpTAPTUE&list=PLhpGn51pPqN6q8kmuORnuWcAXRF1_b1zV

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

Peatle Jville wrote:

Jandle, good choice of song. You do it good.
Grah, hope you get over Covid soon.  Good cover only thing lacking was a harmonica solo. Your guitar and voice and guitar worked good in the true Blues tradition.

Cheers Peatle ,I'm afraid a harmonica would probably finish me off at the moment  .My harp playing however is very much in the Bob Dylan style i.e. pretty bad but just bearable.Lol When we do this song with the band Robert uses an electric harmonix C9 Pedal which makes his guitar sound like an organ and I play a distorted  solo against it. This works pretty good.     

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

Thankyou Peatle and neophytte for having a listen to my cover of Sea of Love.  Probably not my best attempt to cover as I rushed it in my 2nd attempt to cover it as I knew I was running out of time and wasn't going to get time to practice it b4 the end of the month.  Oh well, guess that's the nature of it.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

Grah1, nice one, it suited you voice very well.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

Grah1, nice one, it suited you voice very well.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

Jan
This song was perfect for you . It sounds great. I I think your voicing was really,really well done, some great pauses which were very effective - just waiting for the "golden voice" to start again!

I sure wish I had your vocal abilities.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

ps  thanks for the kind words on my song - unfortunately - it is a sad song lyrically.  I actually think it might be my best lyrics.     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: SEPTEMBER 2022 FSOTM – HELP …. HOUSE …. ROAD …. SEA

TIGLJK wrote:

Jan
This song was perfect for you . It sounds great. I I think your voicing was really,really well done, some great pauses which were very effective - just waiting for the "golden voice" to start again!

I sure wish I had your vocal abilities.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

ps  thanks for the kind words on my song - unfortunately - it is a sad song lyrically.  I actually think it might be my best lyrics.

Thanks, Jim, for having a listen and for your comments on it.  It`s interesting because I do actually struggle with SLOW songs and singing them.  For some reason, my natural tendency is to go for fast or medium paced songs, so doing a slow song like this throws me a bit lol.  All a learning curve isn't it and I guess it is good to make yourself do something that is not in your normal style.  So, thanks for your great feedback smile
On another note, your song as I said above was great and yes, I definitely think lyrically one of your best .... the fact it brought tears to my eyes, a sure sign of a good song smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan