Re: AAAAAAGH I CAN'T NAME MY BAND IT'S TOO HARD!!!

5 guys and no one can come up with a band name? Is this a cover band?

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Since you claim to be geeks...

How about the "Majik Squares"?

geoaguiar wrote:

5 guys and no one can come up with a band name? Is this a cover band?

nope

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

29 (edited by 06sc500 2008-03-27 17:12:13)

Here's an idea-Giant Killer Duckbilled Palatapuses of Death.  The name really depends on what kind music you play. 
Edit: I thought of another one, Cero Dinero.  Sounds cool, and is spanish for "no money".

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Use a color,number,or plain randomness.

tongue:P:P:P:P

I've been clicking "random article" on Wikipedia to help me choose a band name.
The best so far are:
Basketball Assosciation of Iran
and
Castle Rock

But nobody else likes them sad

cool
okay??

the Basketball association of Iran WAS FUNNY.

tongue:P:P:P:P

gnomefry wrote:

the Basketball association of Iran WAS FUNNY.

to be honest, when I said "nobody else likes them", I didn't mean "nobody", i just the one person i am madly in love with didn't like it... *embarrased* lol

cool
okay??

How about "Our Diamanté Dorkracy" or "Chordie-ac Arrest". Or "Paranorm-axe."

In Belfast we go for off the wall names for people like "Nail-in-the-Boot", "Buck Alec" ( nut who kept lions in a two up two down in the Docks ), "The Incredible Sulk " or places like "Hatchet Avenue" and "Murder Mile".

You can't do worse than U2 !

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

alansheeran wrote:

"Chordie-ac Arrest"

lol
That's so funny, I love it.
I could make the first Chordie appreciation band! yikes

cool
okay??

I always find that only your band can name your band or its less personal. try thinking of a word and using a band name generator on google with it or something if you are really stuck.

The cake is a lie...

SO what kinda geeks are you?

If you are computer geeks you could pick a word or your initials and write it in binary code so that your name would be something like: "10100100010101001001001111"
or you could go with the first computer: "ABC (Atanasoff-Berry Computer)" or "ENIAC" which wasn't the first but has a cooler name.

If you are gamer geeks you could pick a game or character from a game that you all play together like HALO or Everquest or you could choose whatever system you play or mix in some actions or adjectives like the "HALO P'owners" (or however the kids spell that word).

If you are D and D geeks you could honor it's creator (RIP) and call yourselves the "GYGAXES" (which has the word axes in it too-Rock On). Or you could be "The D20 System" or as a play on another band you be "System of a D20"

Just some ideas on lines of thought you might be able to use.

Turtle

I'm just this guy. Ya know?

How about "THUNDERPANTS"?

G street band might do the trick.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Turtlebo wrote:

If you are D and D geeks you could honor it's creator (RIP) and call yourselves the "GYGAXES" (which has the word axes in it too-Rock On). Or you could be "The D20 System" or as a play on another band you be "System of a D20"

Nice one! lol

Turtlebo wrote:

SO what kinda geeks are you?

If you are computer geeks you could pick a word or your initials and write it in binary code so that your name would be something like: "10100100010101001001001111"
or you could go with the first computer: "ABC (Atanasoff-Berry Computer)" or "ENIAC" which wasn't the first but has a cooler name.

If you are gamer geeks you could pick a game or character from a game that you all play together like HALO or Everquest or you could choose whatever system you play or mix in some actions or adjectives like the "HALO P'owners" (or however the kids spell that word).

Just some ideas on lines of thought you might be able to use.

Turtle

actually i don't fit into any of those categories...
i'm starting to think i just might not be a geek smile

cool
okay??

Well, Feeder were named after their singer/guitarist's pet goldfish.
Less Than Jake were named after one of the band member's parent's dog who was treated like royalty (everyone else was less than jake).

The Butthole Surfers used a different name at every gig. The first gig at which they actually made money they were calling themselves the Butthole Surfers, so they decided to stick with that name. You might just start going by different names and when one of them sticks keep it.

Turtlebo

P.S. You already admitted to being a Geek. You can't renege now. Besides you'll eventually figure out what kind of a geek you are. Keep searching.

I'm just this guy. Ya know?

Yeah, we're all geeks to somebody, somewhere. That's what creates the  perpetual, unremitting, evolutionary chain of diversity.......................

Give everything but up.

How about,TRICK or Eula. You need too make up your mind soon or you guys wont be playing ,you will be too old.////

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

46 (edited by zenbutcher 2008-04-11 15:08:16)

A band I was in a few years ago was named after the tiny rural town the founding members were from - Bucks Pocket.  I liked it because I thought if we ever got huge, our cd cover could be some grimy blue work shirt with a name badge sewn in saying "Buck"  right over the pocket.  Plus, it had the added bonus of people asking where we got the name, what it meant, etc.

So, I guess my opinion of a band name is that it should be something that makes people want to hear the story of where the name came from; it should roll off the tongue; and it should actually MEAN something to the band - or relate to the band in some way.

So, where you guys from?

zenbutcher wrote:

A band I was in a few years ago was named after the tiny rural town the founding members were from - Bucks Pocket.  I liked it because I thought if we ever got huge, our cd cover could be some grimy blue work shirt with a name badge sewn in saying "Buck"  right over the pocket.  Plus, it had the added bonus of people asking where we got the name, what it meant, etc.

So, I guess my opinion of a band name is that it should be something that makes people want to hear the story of where the name came from; it should roll off the tongue; and it should actually MEAN something to the band - or relate to the band in some way.

So, where you guys from?

cambridgeshire.
well that sucks. sad

what do you think of "We couldn't think of a Name"? hmm

cool
okay??

What about........
The perhaps Geekies from sucking Cambridgeshire.
A bit long I know but has a ring about it big_smile
Ark

I saw some show on other dementions on PBS, and one of the things this theoretical physicist was talking about was "String Theory".  One, can you imagine how smart you have to be to be a theoretical physicist?, Two, can you imagine how boring their conventions are, and Three, String Theory isn't a bad band name, and since a physicist said it, it's geeky by definition.

50 (edited by zenbutcher 2008-04-11 22:09:45)

I kinda like "The Shire", lol.  Maybe just "Shire".  Perhaps, "Bridge" or "The Bridge" - has a musical side note to it - being most songs have a bridge in them