Re: Neck bending on Strats...

andros67 wrote:
(0)==#paranormal guitar wrote:
andros67 wrote:

Yup! I tried it, he's right it works, although I personally wouldn't make a habit of it; but I don't think this means there's something wrong with my guitar ,I think that the neck of a guitar has to have a degree of flexibility to allow for truss rod adjustment, so yes it works.

You deserve a high 5. smile

high 5 you back! us neck bending; guitar abusing philistines need to stick together! hehe.

yikes yes, we will make a club of neck benders. go tell all your friends!

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Strat and Tele necks bend watch a Stevie Ray Vaughn live concert he bends the neck on his strat alot. You get a slight "wammy" effect by doing it. When you purchase a Guitar from anywhere you should de-string it and take a screwdriver and some hex wrenches to it to make sure everything on it is tight. As far as breaking a neck in half that is ALMOST!! completely impossible on a "Fender" there is a Tention bar that run through the neck so you can adjust the bend of the neck and it METAL!!! again with the Stevie Ray reference if you watch the early Austin City limits performance of his he bent the neck proped the Strat against a amp and stood on the horns of the body

I think you'll be ok dude bend away.

28 (edited by badeye 2008-08-17 10:50:38)

mhall1101 wrote:

Strat and Tele necks bend watch a Stevie Ray Vaughn live concert he bends the neck on his strat alot. You get a slight "wammy" effect by doing it. When you purchase a Guitar from anywhere you should de-string it and take a screwdriver and some hex wrenches to it to make sure everything on it is tight. As far as breaking a neck in half that is ALMOST!! completely impossible on a "Fender" there is a Tention bar that run through the neck so you can adjust the bend of the neck and it METAL!!! again with the Stevie Ray reference if you watch the early Austin City limits performance of his he bent the neck proped the Strat against a amp and stood on the horns of the body

I think you'll be ok dude bend away.

Check out Stevie Ray in a video called "Live at the El Macombo"  from Toronto Canada. Talk about your neck bending. Looks like his strat is gonna break.

Badeye  cool

one caper after another