Highway Forty Blues 2 Ricky Skaggs
1. [D]Well these Highway Forty B[Em]lues, I[A]'ve walked holes in both my s[D]hoes.
2. The highway called when I was young, Told me lies of things to come.
3. You know I've rambled all around, Like a rolling stone from town to town.
1. [D]Counted the days since I've been g[Em]one, [A]And I'd love to see the lights of [D]home.
2. Fame and fortune lies ahead, That's what the billboard lights had said.
3. Met pretty girls I have to say, but none of them could make me stay.
1. [D]Wasted time and money t[G]oo, S[A]quandered youth in search of t[D]ruth,[Bm]
3. Shattered dreams, my mind is numb, My money's gone, stick out my thumb.
3. Well I've played the music halls and bars, Had fancy clothes and big fine cars,
1. [Bm]But in the end I had to l[E]ose, Lord above I've paid my d[A]ues
2. My eyes are filled with bitter tears, Lord I ain't been home in years,
3. Things a country boy can't use, Dixie Land I sure miss you,
[A]Got the Highway Forty B[D]lues.[F-C-G-D]