Face On Cutting Room Floor-crd Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
1. She's [G]history; [C]no one would [D]give her a [G]star on the wall
2. It's no mystery; acted in school at the tenderest age
3. Up in Hollywood, stayed with an agent she met in a bar
4. Instrumental to VERSE chords
5. Goodbye Hollywood; leavin' tonight on a 2:30 'Hound
1. [C]She'd have a [D]hundred if [G]pillows could talk
2. Lit up the room when she stepped on the stage
3. Laughed when he told her he'd make her a star
5. Sunrise on sunset she won't be around. They'll re-
1. [C]Where have I [D]seen her be[Em]fore? She's a [C]face on the [D]cutting room [G]floor
2. Came to L.A. for some more, she's a face on the cutting room floor
3. Where had she heard that before? A little face on the cutting room floor
5. place her with so many more, she's a face on the cutting room floor
(last verse, repeat & fade)
1. -> goto [Eb]verse 2.[G]
2. She had visions of contracts and thousands of people in line to see her
3. -> goto verse 4.
4. One night he told her that she'd never get anywhere in her clothes
2. [Eb]Knocking on door after door, after all of this [D]time
4. He said, "That's what it takes to play movieland musical chairs"
2. She's not [D7]sure. -> verse 3.
4. Now she knows. It's... -> verse 5
Mark R. Young