Topic: my beloved Gurian

I lost the Gurian I bought in 74 for 500.00. I've cried for her for so many years. Then I discovered e-bay, on my birthday, and I found what I think is the same guitar. I'm just sitting by the window waiting for my beloved to come home. Anyone else in love with their Gurian?

Re: my beloved Gurian

Hello Renee, and welcome to the Chordie Forum!

Well it seems you have the only one in existence!  So I hope you will be happy together for a long time.  Now you will have to get back on e-bay and find a nice glass display cabinet to preserve your rare find.... LOL.

Actually I'm rather surprised that you have not had any responses from the membership so far.  There are a lot of us out here in cyberspace, and surely someone has a Gurian.  I did do a little reading on the brand as it is a new one to me, and they are a very fine instrument worth every penny of the price you might have paid to regain yours, according to several sites I visited which had reviews from owners.  One thing I didn't do was search for a Gurian Owners Group.  There might be one out there where you could touch bases with others that are loyal to the label, and, naturally stay tuned here on Chordie!  Among the 300+ thousand registered members there are bound to be a few hanging out there in the shadows.

Once again Welcome to Chordie!
Visit often and don't be shy about posting your comments, questions, poems, songs or whatever is on your mind here on the Chordie Forums.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Here I am in Liverpool UK. Went to local auction last week, there was an unknown guitar a, Gurian JBH serial number D23**.
Did a bit of research on the Gurian website, had a play on viewing day and then bought the guitar on the day. It seems that the original owner had bought it new in 1981 played it for a few months and then put it in its case and left it under the bed for 30 years.
It is a fantastic instrument which only needed new strings and a bit of oil. now my pride and joy which I will one day pass on the my guitar playing son.  Hardydog

Avalon A12C Custom 2006
Gurian JBH 1981
Gibson J45 Banner Re-issue 1996
Martin D16GT 2006

Your "Gurian" is my "Madeira." Those were an el-cheapo Guild import line made in the early 60's. I got one when I was 6 that I still play every day. I just found another on ebay for $200. It sounds great and the craftsmanship is awesome. I'd be heartbroken if I lost my Madeiras.

i dont understand why people just repeat what someone else has posted? unless they intend to return at a later date and add spam. so be warned you are being watched.

if you have nothing to say, say nothing. dont just copy for the sake of it.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Just curious if anyone has ever added a piezo bridge to an electric guitar -- especially curious about the tune o matic piezo?

Saw one for 40 bucks on ebay and some LR Baggs for 170.

We are the pioneers in providing  [url=http://www.braindumps.com/C4090-451.htm]C4090-451[/url] and [url=http://www.sap.com/index.html]SAP[/url] exams with 100% exam pass guarantee. Download our latest [url=http://www.columbia.edu/]Columbia University[/url] and examsheets ccna or pass real exam of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_SE]wikipedia[/url] .

zohaa, as a new member, welcome to Chordie. As mentioned above the original post originated in 2010 and has nothing to do with your post. As such, your post is suspect for future spam and you will be watched. As Moderators, to this thread, it is our duty to keep things on point amd current for all our members. WE WILL DO SO! As a new member, please feel free to join in on this and other topic's of your choosing. Ask your questions or make your comments as they relate to the topic on hand. We are a friendly site but have absoultly no tolorance for spammers and will eliminate them at will.

Nela