Topic: Collaborative Idea
I have long been thinking of the idea of developing a collaborative website where contributors could work together to develop a complete recorded song.
Its a while ( 12 months ) since I have visited chordie, but it struck me when browsing the recording section that there are a lot of members here that have the desire but maybe not the expertise to complete recordings. I have a reasonably well kitted out studio and can do basic mixing and mastering and as well as that have enough programming skills to put together a website which could handle the file transfering and management aspect of each recording project.
Before I start pouring hours of work into developing such a site I would first need to know of there was sufficient interest among chordie members for it to be worthwhile.
Please register your interest in this project by posting a reply in this thread. Your reply should include the following
- Willingness to be involved
- Areas of musical competence
- Recording Equipment Available
- Level of recording experience
Obviously the quality of the finished product will rely heavily on four factors
- The level of each contributors recording ability
- The level of each musicians playing ability
- The quality of the chosen material to record
- My ability to finally mix the various components together and master the final take.
Please let me know if you feel this project would be worthwhile pursuing.