Re: What's up with Chordie

good too see your back Kap 54,hope your  ticker is better, no Amy we want females!!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

mekidsmom wrote:

I'd love to see all you guys dressed in your finest lingerie!  smile  Ha ha ha!  Who's gonna wear the one with the holes cut in strategic places?  I don't know if Ya'll would want to see me captain that.  I might need to wear the stripes and be the ref!  LOL!

Amy! I do not wear lingerie..... Mind you I do get dressed up, and take care with my appearance, when I go out on the pull.....

https://scontent-b-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1499580_731302866901147_1606662498_n.jpg

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ha ha!  You DID post it Roger!  Good for you... but... no skimpy lingerie.  sad  ha ha ha ha

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

You bear a striking resemblance to Gertrude, widow of local TV hero, and the only "not creepy" clown in existence, J.P. Patches.

http://www.djc.com/blogs/SeattleScape/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/gertrude.jpg

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

That's pretty scary good roger,you look like one of the Rolling Stones.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Guy's in their favorite lingerie. Mine consists of a baggy pair of "COLOR CODED" jocky shorts with a few well placed holes for ventilation. Hope ya'll get a good mental picture of this.

Nela

Just checked the forum and there are 48 registered users on line. I browsed thru the names and did not reconize anyone.

nela

Registration doesn't necessarily mean forum use.  It might mean songbooks.  Lots of people might use Chordie even if very few of them use the forums.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

beamer wrote:

Nela, there are I would say about 30 CORE members. out of that you will have about 10 active posters who will carry a conversation in a topic.  The core bunch is usually beyond talking basic stuff at this point.   I think we just wait till something really moves us to start a new post.  Dino is also correct in lots of stuff being done through other social outlets.  I regularly start chats with Amy, Zurff, Jets, Wayne,  topdown and Russell. Every so often ill put a topic up on the forum,, I also look for new members and try to get them the help they ask for and invite them to join.  TF is probably the most recent member who post’s often.

I hear you beamer.....btw, do you ride one or is this just a preferred handle? R1200C here, just wondering.....back on topic....I think there are still a lot of beginners out here (self included) that would like to enhance our experience, just haven't been looking at the posts.....Period. Maybe I will start, seems to be folks out here that want to help get one to the next level. Have a nice day all

Welcome dr2casto.  If you've got a question, bring it to the forums.  Someone here will know the answer and be eager to help. You won't find a more encouraging group of people.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

jerome.oneil wrote:

Registration doesn't necessarily mean forum use.  It might mean songbooks.  Lots of people might use Chordie even if very few of them use the forums.

I guess I'm one of the odd birds. I used to just read threads on Chordie until Zurf talked me into registering a few years ago. Even as a registered member for the last 3-1/2 years or so, I don't think I've ever looked at any of the songs or books even once. 

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Hey, old time chordie fan here, leafing through the songs, artists and playing my martin d 35, cold beer happening watching the sun melt the ice off cameron lake, does it get any better, tks chordie

Chuck - welcome to chordie. I see you registered July of 2007. Kinda makes you a Old Timer with only 1 post. Come and join in on the topics that draw your interest.

Nela

Thanks Nela, on here a fair bit but did not realize all the posts, topics etc. will take a bit to work my way through it. Was is the most popular discussion group?

In any case will be in more often and comment on things!!

Hey newbies!  Welcome to the forums!  Chuck - the Chat corner here is probably the busiest, because we all talk about everything in here that doesn't fit anywhere else and half of it is guitar related and half isn't.  Ha ha!  Poke around, get to know some people by past posts, and JUMP IN!  smile

Chuck, most of us kinda browse in the morning time while drinking our coffee. Some of us wait until the afternoon and browse while having a beer, some wate until late at night and have a shot of something harder. The younger crowd tinds to stick with kool-aid or coke=cola. The "Chat" page gets most of the action but there are several other "topic" pages worth checking out. If you gotta question you need to ask it. If you got an answer to someone else's post, then offer it.

Nela

And when they say youjnger,, I think im the most constant youngester at 46! LOLOL We have had some teenagers who stayed a while, but I think they may have moved to a less regulated fourm,  a lot of stuff on the UG site. I tred their fourm but its a mess and not regulated well.  they have a great libary though.  if its not in chordie, I can usually find it there.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Yes, did exactly that, looked through while having coffee this morning.
Working on getting my  third and fourth fonger into actually picking notes..lol..chords ok and barre chords but damned if i can get other fingers involved.  By the way have never gotten comfortable using a pick....perhaps self taught since 70s indication i am slow learner!!

I hear you NELA..  no idea why.  But, if I may.. catch up a bit..  In the past year, I got a J165 Gibson acoustic/electric guitar that I love, love love..  Since getting it, I have not played the Martin much.. I feel like I'm neglecting it.  Will get back to it I'm sure.  Actually have to have the Martin set up, new strings, etc..   and in the last 2 months or so I picked up a Loar LO-16.  Black.  Its a fun 0 sized guitar that is just the kind to bring to a campfire or the beach..  I'll tell ya, the thing stays in tune and has fine action..  I really like it a lot..  My gigs have slowed down a bit so I do a some open mics.. I've met some really cool folks doing that .. I must check in more frequently..   bottom line.. I don't want to work I just want to play guitar all day.

Welcome to Chordie, Chuck! No need to beat yourself up about not picking with the 3rd and 4th fingers ... Mark Knopfler made great music and a handsome living without hardly using them at all.

Thanks Funster for the encouragemnet, watched Mark Knopfler at Albert Hall on you tube and yes noticed his pivking with thumb first finger...sultans of swing was a good example....ias far as picking i used to have a bunch of martin guitar picks that had a corrugated part where your thumb rests, they were easier to use, but i called Martin a couple of years back and they dont make that type anymore..so onward with fingers only..not in dire straights over it tho, just like strumming away!!

beamer wrote:

And when they say youjnger,, I think im the most constant youngester at 46! LOLOL We have had some teenagers who stayed a while, but I think they may have moved to a less regulated fourm,  a lot of stuff on the UG site. I tred their fourm but its a mess and not regulated well.  they have a great libary though.  if its not in chordie, I can usually find it there.

roll  Um, did you forget me Scott?  I'm YOUNGER!  LOL!