Topic: Could use a little help

Could use a little help with posting some of my cover songs here on Chordie. I'm not too computer savy and have lost more than a few brain cells along the way. I use a tascam DP-03 to record and use a galaxy 3 tablet to post. Is there something else I will need? I have never done anything like this befoe. Can someone please give me a step by step on how to get this done?

Thanks
                                                                                                                                                          Dave

Re: Could use a little help

Howdy Dave, and Welcome to Chordie from the Great NorthWest!

You have a couple of good options out there depending on the format that you want to upload your music.  Old time semi-pros like Russell Harding (our esteemed Alien Moderator and Recording Guru) have pretty much mastered the fine art of getting their stuff out there for all of us to enjoy.... in video-land via a personal you-tube channel.  Pete Benson, dirty Ed, Mekidsmom (Amy) and others (sorry Wayne I almost forgot to mention you, and there are lots more if my brain was working right this evening).  Of course one or more of our membership will be along to offer suggestions, but here's mine for the "what it's worth department".

Sounds like you are not doing video (yet but you will one day), so I will direct you to a site that others here on chordie have used to host their audio music projects...  www.reverbnation.com

You can set up a Basic account (FREE!) and the only limit is that you have to keep your upload file size below 8Mb.  Unlimited up and down and a fair amount of space to store them on their server.  Then you just post the link in a forum posting under my local band, and stand by for comments and encouragement.

Chordie is not a hosting service so really it is not possible to just upload your stuff here for general consumption.  Original Lyrics and music (paper) can be posted in the songwriting section and you can also link to your audio rendition so folks know what you really had in mind when you wrote it.

Hope that is helpful, and Again WELCOME to the Club!

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by Russell_Harding 2014-04-03 12:55:30)

Good info Doug there is also Soundcloud  and MySpace Phill Williams could help you there smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks for taking the time to help me Doug. I have seen and heard so many very very talented people on this site. It has inspired me to try and contribute if I can. I don't consider myself a great player at all. Just looking to get some feedback pro and con to grow and move forward on this guitar journey.

As said in my original post,I am not very computer literate but I'm up for the challenge! I'll use your great advice Doug and sign up on reverbnation  and go from there. Thanks again for your help!

Dave

Hi Dave, Sorry I can't help you out with recording cause I get flummixed just like you. As noted by Doug and Russ, Reverbnation  Youtube, SoundCloud and MySpace are great sites for posting on. It can be confusing joining some of them so if you have a problem let us know and we'll  help you out.

Looking forwards to hearing your tunes.

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Thanks Russ and KAP. I'm on a mission to see this through. With the info gained here I have a start!

Dave