Topic: amp settings please..

just wondering what are the setting of the amp for each different type of song genre.
ie. for rock,alternative, and metal?

just want to know if i set my amp right. im playing mainly alternative.

my guitar is like my brother.
we never get along..

Re: amp settings please..

You have to try them all until you find the combination that your happy with. My tone will totally differ with anyone else on Chordie. Try a combination, write it down, like master volume 10, volume 3, treble 8, bass 6, midrange 8 you get the idea. When you hear a combination you like put a star or something that denotes that you liked that sound. After you have a couple that you like play the same song through each setting and see which sounds better on that song.

Hope it helps.

Bootlegger.

thanks bootleger. ill try that. apparently a have another post under electric, if u could help me with that please. i really need to solve that problem. thanks you.

my guitar is like my brother.
we never get along..

bootleger wrote:

You have to try them all until you find the combination that your happy with. My tone will totally differ with anyone else on Chordie. Try a combination, write it down, like master volume 10, volume 3, treble 8, bass 6, midrange 8 you get the idea. When you hear a combination you like put a star or something that denotes that you liked that sound. After you have a couple that you like play the same song through each setting and see which sounds better on that song.

Hope it helps.

Bootlegger.

If I could ad something then it would be to try all of your amp settings but don't change your guitar settings yet. For example, some guitars will sound different when you roll the volume knob up. I would try the amp settings with my tone off and volume about halfway and then go from there. Oh, and as Bootlegger suggested...write down the settings that work best for you...hope that helps...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.