1 (edited by SGman999 2007-06-13 22:39:07)

Topic: tuneing

ok now i need to know how to tune im going to take lessons but i want it tuned so it dosent sound like somebodys choking... help

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.

Re: tuneing

Time to invest in a guitar tuner...they range anywhere from around ten dollars to several hundred dollar rack units...if you have a piano or keyboard then you can find the corrosponding notes and tune to those.  Any of your music stores or pawn shops should have several tuners in stock...or can check out    www.musiciansfriend.com   to order or simply check out the different types and specs.    jg

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

thanxs

jaygordon75 wrote:

Time to invest in a guitar tuner...they range anywhere from around ten dollars to several hundred dollar rack units...if you have a piano or keyboard then you can find the corrosponding notes and tune to those.  Any of your music stores or pawn shops should have several tuners in stock...or can check out    www.musiciansfriend.com   to order or simply check out the different types and specs.    jg

Jaygordon75 answered you correctly and the same as I would have get a tuner and then train your ear. The piano comment is valid also but as mention not everyone has access. Follow Jay's advise.

Bootlegger.

5 (edited by espltdf50 2007-06-15 16:00:31)

here's another way to tune your guitar, but it isnt all that effective, but useful if you are in a hurry and dont have a tuner.

first of all tune the small e string as close to perfect as you can, then press down on the 5th fret second string and match the pitches of the first string and second string, and then ONLY to tune the third string, press down on the 4th fret third string and do the same thing as you did to tune the second string, and then keep doing that with the rest of the strings only pressing down on the 5th fret on each string...

sorry if this is kinda confusing.

oh and one last thing, if you are going to play in a band, try to avoid using this method, but it is fine to use if you are just going to play by yourself..

Hope this helps

but seriously... get a tuner, it will help a whole lot better.. i have the Korg GA-30 guitar/bass tuner.. it  costs $15- $20

thanx i just got a tuner