Topic: What equipment to buy for an acoustic duo?

Hi All
We have done a few open mike nights and a couple of gigs where all the equipment was provided. All we had to do was turn up, play and sing. We were asked to do a couple of pubs, but as we have no equipment other than a couple of small practice amps we had to turn them down.
I think I will have to make an investment but have no idea what to buy. (PA, amps, mixer mikes etc)
What equipment would anyone recommend for playing in pubs and small halls. It will also need to be as simple as possible.

At the moment we would need
For Clare
1 x mike

For me
1 x mike
1 x Electro acoustic guitar input
1 x input for a banjo with a small contact transducer fitted

For the future, we may need another mike and a guitar input

Any thoughts? and don't go wild. I have a limited budget

Cheers
Howard and Clare

My acoustic trio Website
[url]http://www.accidentallyacoustic.co.uk/[/url]

Re: What equipment to buy for an acoustic duo?

I have played through this system and it sounds real nice for the price. It's as simple as it gets and takes up minimal space.

http://www.music123.com/Kustom-Profile- … 1048.music

Give everything but up.

Re: What equipment to buy for an acoustic duo?

We've had a Carvin P620 kit for years...it's a 6 channel portable mixer with speakers, mics, stands, cords. Sounds great and has been absolutely reliable. Carvin has several kits available that are easy to use and high quality. Even though there might be only two, I would suggest getting a 6 or 8 channel unit...that leaves room to add extra instruments (keyboard, bass, etc.) or more vocalists... You can check them out at    www.carvin.com    ... Peavey also makes some good quality and easy to use portable systems too!  I hope this helps...we've used ours for churches and outdoor venues...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.