Re: Football post for 2014-2015

We got a collage football overload on our local channels this weekend,did any one see if Stanford won or lost.I was real busy most of sat.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Final Score was 45-0  Stanford on top.

Being in a College town we kind of keep up on football.... much like the stereotypical midwestern small-town supporting the local high school team.

That said I'm more of a Soccer Fan myself..... Portland Timbers!!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks Doug most the time I watch there games but could not catch it this week. Nfl starting this week!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thursday night football tonight,Battle in Seattle!. Green bay vs Seahawks. This should be a good game!

It's a beautiful day here in the Northwest.... high 80s and sunny!  Just the kind of perfect football day to start the NFL season on.  Kickoff sometime around 17:30 pacific time and both the Packers and Seahawks are well prepared to battle it out on the turf at Centurylink Stadium.  As usual the Seattle Crowd is expected to be in full force and LOUD!  But even with the homefield advantage I would expect the game to be hard fought and certainly not a runaway for either side.

As to my prediction for a winner... could go either way.  But unless one or the other team gets a serious jump early on, the second half will be when all the action will be after they get a feel for each other's style of play.  Naturally I'm going to have to vote for the Hawks by about 3 points.

Doug

I expect it too be a real tight game. Two of the best thier are.  I am a49er fan but I also like the Packers as my second choice. Jerome is a big time Seahawks guy and Russell is a big time Packers fan.

This was a tough one to watch The Seahawks played really well on both sides of the ball the Packers killed themselves with stupid penalties and play selections and they did not have a defensive answer to the option plays run by Russell Wilson. I cant help but point out that the Packers lack a deep threat all there passes are in the 5 and 10 yard range they need a couple of speedsters as wide outs to spread the defense out and open up the running lanes and screens(not one was run) no draw plays no pump fakes and noise was not an issue play selection was no stars for this performance the only bright spot is it was the 1st game of the season 4 yuks on this. sad

"Growing old is not for sissies"

In the aftermath, I genuinely thought that it was going to be closer than it was.  But Russell you are right.... stupid penalties on both sides cost dearly and what was with that 40+ yard call?  I had no idea that you could stack up enough fouls to make the officials count that high!

Perhaps they'll get another chance to meet again later in the season (around playoff time) and if so I'll sure be clearing my calendar to watch.

Doug

I had too turn it off when I saw the hawks winning by a lot,I understand they have some new rules in there this year so it would make sense we do not know them yet,it seemed penalty flags were all over the place through the game.

I watched my team win today thats good. I can not belive the amount of flags thrown out for almost nothing or barley touching the opposing team.

Just got back from hanging out with friends in State College, PA.  You talk about surreal.  It's a quiet little town, except when Penn State is playing, when it turns into the third largest city in Pennsylvania.

They have tailgating down to an art form there.

Sorry about those Packer's, Russ.  I have a hunch the Seahawks will be delivering a lot of beat downs this year.  They only got better in the off season.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

Sorry about those Packer's, Russ.  I have a hunch the Seahawks will be delivering a lot of beat downs this year.  They only got better in the off season.

No need to be sorry they looked really sharp I just hope the front office of the Packers gets some quality help if they want to be competitive

Russell_Harding wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

No need to be sorry they looked really sharp I just hope the front office of the Packers gets some quality help if they want to be competitive

Those injuries didn't help.  Losing your center was obviously a big deal, and losing your starting nose tackle just makes more room for Marshawn to run.  Both of those things showed up in the game, I thought.

jerome.oneil wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Those injuries didn't help.  Losing your center was obviously a big deal, and losing your starting nose tackle just makes more room for Marshawn to run.  Both of those things showed up in the game, I thought.

I agree and I think the pack will address this issue and bring in some replacements (fingers crossed) smile

Soooo.... in the NCAA...

Washington finally played a game and looked like a Pac-12 team should.  USC played a game and didn't, getting beat by Boston College.  (No love lost for Coach Mediocre!).    Virginia upset Louisville in a bit of a shocker.  VA Tech shocked absolutely no one except ACC enablers in the media, and once again proved themselves to be the most consistently over rated team in history by getting beat by East Carolina.   South Carolina rebounds and beat a really good Georgia team, and Alabama's Lane Kiffen handicapped offense managed to score 52 against.... Southern Miss, which is 1-23 over the last two seasons.

Tomorrow, the NFL.   Lets see if Russ's Packers take it out on the J.E.T.S JetsJetsJets!!!

I bet they do.  smile

So what happened to our Seahawks Jerome....... you give 'em more than a week off and they lose to the Chargers????

I missed the game with other projects pressing, but was disappointed to hear the score.

Chargers are a good team!  And since you can't win 'em all (72' Dolphins excepted), losing to a non-conference team on the road is a good way to do it. 

And, since the Niners lost to the Bears, it's OK.  big_smile

Rogers to Jordy Nelson nuff said the Jets owned the 1st half the Packers owned the game

The Packers did it,My team shot it self in the foot 4 turnovers, and flags after almost every play I think they set a new record for the team. I only saw alittle of the seahawks and the chargers but the chargers seemed too have a good defense,I thought the hawks would slay them but I was wrong.

dino48 wrote:

The Packers did it,My team shot it self in the foot 4 turnovers, and flags after almost every play I think they set a new record for the team. I only saw alittle of the seahawks and the chargers but the chargers seemed too have a good defense,I thought the hawks would slay them but I was wrong.

I wish I could have seen the Seahawk game I would email a video to the defensive and offensive coordinators of the Packers I did watch the 9ers and the Bears game Kappernick looked REALLY P-off couldn't have happened to a more "humble" guy LOVED IT!!! sorry dino smile

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:

I wish I could have seen the Seahawk game I would email a video to the defensive and offensive coordinators of the Packers I did watch the 9ers and the Bears game Kappernick looked REALLY P-off couldn't have happened to a more "humble" guy LOVED IT!!! sorry dino smile

What did the 'Hawks in was Antonio Gates.  The dude is huge, has glue hands, and Seattle's line backers simply couldn't hold him up.   The Chargers also put themselves in a ton of 3rd and short positions, and so ended up with the ball a whole lot.   It was a bit of a blueprint on how to beat them.  Keep their defense on the field, take advantage of they injury gap at the nickel slot (due to injury, the 'Hawks started two corners that weren't even with the team two weeks ago), and have a giant presence across the middle.   Good win for the Chargers.  And having spent six years in San Diego, I don't feel bad about that loss at all.  I'm a Chargers fan, too.

Seattle did manage to score 21 points while only holding onto the ball for 18 minutes, which is pretty impressive.   Denver gets crushed next week, though.  Poor guys. big_smile

Is Denver playing the Seahawks? if so is it at home or in Seattle?

Sunday on CBS @ Seattle   Should be a good show!

Man, bad day to be a Tampa Bay Bucaneer!

I don't think I've seen an NFL match-up that ugly before.

Guess they got beat,I was not able too view it on my tv.