Topic: bad day tomorrow

Not to look for sympathy, just wanting to let my Chordie Family know that I'm now a statistic.  I'm being laid off friday.  So there goes my Chordiestock plans.  I am hoping I get lucky with a few of the aviation companies around here so that I wont be in the unemployment line too long.  I am just happy I was smart enough to hang in my last 5 years of the navy to finish my 20.    The positives.  Wife has good job and my health Ins is covered.  Everyone is healthy, last year or so was all the major dental.  Only crappy thing is now I need my eyes done and no vision,,, looks like me and dollar tree reading glasses a bit longer LOLOL It will all work out. I have faith. 
I will spend some time also working on the house, and HEY practicing some guitar and maybe getting the 4 or 5 songs recorded I have not done in how long now????

Well Mr. Scott out,
But who will beam me up???

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: bad day tomorrow

Sorry to hear that my friend. Here's hoping that as one door closes, another opens; and there is something better round the corner.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Sorry to hear of that, Beamer ... been through a "restructuring" once myself, and it ain't no fun. Glad to hear there are other positives, and no doubt you'll land on your feet in no time at all.

Chin up, buddy!

One door  closes to  let  another  open Scott go  with  the  flow  and  take  the  opportunity's  as  they arise .

That sucks.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I agree, that sucks!  Hey, you'll have a little more time to work on your dreams.  Enjoy it while you can because I'm sure a new 40+ work week is just around the bend!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sad to hear. Been there and done that, myself. My advice is to plan for the worst and hope for the best. If you had a 401k or some other plan thru work reasearch how to protect it and/or roll it over into a new employeer's program. If you are are 58 1/2 years old you can "tap" your 401K with out having to pay any penalities - you will have to pay taxes, though. If you had life insurance thru work you can change that over into a private policy. (this is a good thing and usually cheaper than finding a private policy).  If you don't change this insurance into a private policy and you have had it for several years, ask if there is any "cash value" you can get . Start now putting together a resume together, right now!!! This is something you can do yourself or hire others to do for you. I've used Careerbuilders.com successfully a couple of time to find jobs and get my resume out on the job market. Its not easy and will turn into work. Searching for jobs online is not difficult, once you have a resume put together and you can save it on your desktop, then copy and paste it to your online application. Getting out and "beating" the bushes in person is difficult as you will get a lotta in person "brush-offs. Stay positive. If I can give you any advice, just holler and I'll try. Remember there are people out there with a pickup truck, a trailor, lawn mowers / lawn equipment and a few helpers that are grossing a well over a $100,000.00 per year. There's jobs out there, you just have to find them. STAY POSITIVE>

NELA

I wish you well my friend. It'll work out for you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

That sucks, Scott - Hope you find something even better so that you can still make chordiestock!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sorry to hear that, been there a few times myself, leaves a hollow feeling in your gut. Keep the faith and all will turn out for the good Beamer.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Sorry to hear Scott, stay positive !

Give everything but up.

Hard news to get for you and your family and it's good to know you are positive minded and you will get around this hang in there smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Beamer, Hang in there. This economy sucks, you have a lot of folks who know how it feels and are behind you. My wife went thru this twice and the company she's with now has been letting people go the last two months and probably more to come. Your Chordie family is here when you need us.

Joe

topdown wrote:

That sucks, Scott - Hope you find something even better so that you can still make chordiestock!

WEll I doubt it will pay what i was finally up to. not many places will pay you 35 an hour. Union was a bit sweet that way.  I guess time for reality and best im looking at now is 18-20 and 20 is if i'm lucky. but  if i can find a closer job i wont be driving a 120 miles a day! so It should cover some of the difference.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Thanks to everyone!

Beamer sorry too hear it,good you stayed in the service so you can collect retirement benefits from them. Hope you find work soon. The news is reporting a lot of airline people are protesting today about the Ebola thing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hope things get to looking up for you soon. 18-20 is far below your 35 but at least it's a job. Take what you can get while your still looking for better.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple of other points to consider, Scott. You mentioned the "Union" - do they offer any type of "re-training" services? Even if they don't what about taking some classes to help make you stronger in your field. You shiould know what your strong and weak points are. Improve the weak points and polish up the strong points. Or just look into a different field. Don't forget your unemployment benifits. I know Texas unemployment pay's better than Louisiana's does. It's your money, you've already earned it, so draw it.

NELA

Sorry to hear your news. I went through similar challenge last year. I recommend using LinkedIn.
Good luck.

Really sorry to hear that, Scott. Hope you find something else really soon - you gotta make Chordiestock, man!!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Sorry about your employment "gap" buddy.  Everyone I know in the Aviation Industry are retired anymore (like me).  But I still have my Aerospace Workers and Machinists Union Card!  The Union should be able to come up with a couple of leads for you, if you are a member, otherwise you are kinda hanging out there doing the networking thing.  But like you said, the pay is not as good with the smaller FBOs, on the other hand they don't outsource like the big boys do which might be why you find yourself in this state.

Keep your "chin up" and I'm sure something will come along for you, hopefully without having to relocate. 

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare