Topic: chordie websiteproblem tonight?

Is anyone else getting redirected to a 'magazine  type site'. I am clicking on public songbooks for inspiration, and I keep getting redirected to this page.

The site below is where i get redirected too, but I was trying to find where to report web problems too, and can't find anywhere on the page to report it...
lemode-mgz.com/

Re: chordie websiteproblem tonight?

anyone else experiencing it, or just me?

3 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-01-09 19:08:31)

Well, I just logged on and read your post.... it's working fine for me.  Is there any indication of a "hotlink" or advertisement that you are experiencing?
We have had some comments about intrusive ads covering up elements of the Chordie page on some devices (although Chordie itself has curtailed advertising, Adsense still sticks in stuff as part of "your browser experience").  Ad-Block does a good job of filtering out the ads... just add the free plug-in from your browser add-ons menu.

We'll hang around and see if it is widespread, and proceed accordingly.

Thanks for posting;
Doug

Just poked around the interweb, and there are many postings about this particular redirect cropping up.  No reports of malicious activity associated, but it has been speculated that it is Adsense related.  Ad blocking seems to resolve the issue, so I would still recommend my above advise.  DS

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi doug,it is not doing that on my computer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks  so much Doug, I will try ad blocks.. I have a new mac so that could be it, as not experienced before! Its been driving me crazy !

Heidib wrote:

Thanks  so much Doug, I will try ad blocks.. I have a new mac so that could be it, as not experienced before! Its been driving me crazy !

Hedib,I got  a Ipad for xmas and they are a different beast I am still learning most of it and it is giving me some headaces also. but it seems like a better system

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The ad for the 5 songs in the upper Right part of the screen is obscuring the first row of chord fingering. Can the ad be shortened or the Chordie Header spaced further towards the bottom of the page so they can be seen? I have just registered but have used Chordie for several months and this has just occurred in the last few days. I like and will continue to use Chordie.

Thanks BIG ONE.  I'll copy your post over to the Moderator section in case anyone knows how to handle that problem. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Admin has been tweaking the songs index-zone over the past week.  Verifying links and such, which may be causing conflicts intermittently.  I know there was one evening that I couldn't get through.... so I just dragged out the old binder.

You might see some small changes, on the Home page (facebook link), and a few tunes that had take-down requests have been recended, so are available again.

Patience is a virtue, and Chordie is evolving in little steps.

Thanks

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare