Topic: All Of Me (cover)

Here is my 'Girl Saturday', Raquel, who works with me for two hours every Saturday for her guitar lessons. It is great having all the guitars in tune and my own personal translator when a non-English speaking person comes in or phones.

The Baby Dean in the opening clip is the one I bought her for my birthday last year.

http://youtu.be/RdtgXeIF1Ys

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

2 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-02-09 18:47:38)

Re: All Of Me (cover)

Sounds great!

I was a little surprised to hear English. I expected Portuguese or Spanish. Is there even much difference between the two?

She looks a little befuddled at times hearing her; guitar? through the headphones.

English is the second language here (the area relies heavily on tourism) and is taught in schools. Most of my students are Portuguese but they generally prefer English/American music, however I do make sure they do learn some songs in their native tongue.

Written Spanish and Portuguese look similar but their pronunciation is completely different and they generally cannot understand each other.

Raquel is a great kid and this is the first solo recording that she has made, you can see her eyes glancing down and to the right for her lyrics. I spent my time pulling faces and making gestures at her to make her smile and I love her, completely unrehearsed, double thumbs up at the end.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

She is really good Roger you must be a good teacher.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

5 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-09 21:39:01)

Oh, my GOODNESS!!!!!! I just fell in love!!!! wink

What a very sweet voice she has!!!!!!   (comment left and please let her know I'm demented, but know good vocals when I hear them, Roger).

Also, I need more of that voice! smile

Funny story, but when I saw what she was singing and before I went to the Tube, I thought: "All of me, why not take all of me?". (old pop standard. Think Tony Bennett or somebody). wink

That comes from being old. smile

This just made my whole day, Raquel and Roger!!!!!

I'm gushing, aren't I, guys and ladies? smile smile smile  So be it. I haven't gushed in a long time!

Bill

ETA: to add some stuff.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Oh, my GOODNESS!!!!!! I just fell in love!!!! wink

What a very sweet voice she has!!!!!!   (comment left and please let her know I'm demented, but know good vocals when I hear them, Roger).

Also, I need more of that voice! smile

Funny story, but when I saw what she was singing and before I went to the Tube, I thought: "All of me, why not take all of me?". (old pop standard. Think Tony Bennett or somebody). wink

That comes from being old. smile

This just made my whole day, Raquel and Roger!!!!!

I'm gushing, aren't I, guys and ladies? smile smile smile  So be it. I haven't gushed in a long time!

Bill

ETA: to add some stuff.

All of me was a song Willie Nelson did and also Steve Martin. Different from what she is doing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yup! Sure is different, dino!

But doesn't she sing pretty?

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

She is really good and plays well,as I said I think Roger has taught her well! You should check out  mekidsmom Amy on you tube,she has a fantastic voice.

9 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-02-10 21:10:40)

Great job Raquel!  By all means you should keep it up and don't be shy about it, you have a gifted voice.

Now for Roger.....  Buddy, I'm assuming that you did the post production on the audio.  A little constructive comment here, a bit much on the delay.  To me it sounds like she's singing in a culvert, but you can tell that she has a voice that does not need a lot of help.  You are teaching her well and the instrumental was in time and done nicely.

On review, it occurred to me that what I'm hearing is more of a chorus effect that may have come from routing the mic through the guitar amp rather than an effect added to the vocal track after.

It's a thumbs up from me.....

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare