Topic: NGD

Whilst with my daughter in Lancashire I went past a music shop, well you cannot just go past so I went in as I wanted a set of strings anyway. On looking round I came across a used Vintage 12er with a hard case that just screamed for me to save it. So I bought it.

I was playing for my lunch at a friend's in Lincoln yesterday and she took this shot, the only one I have to prove my NGD claim.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8710/17496579925_e643c668af_c.jpg

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: NGD

Like, like, like.  Beautiful guitar.  You're broken though.  It looks like you're using frets that are above the fifth fret, and those frets don't work right.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nice.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Happy new guitar day Roger.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Great picture Roger - and after hearing you play and sing with my 12er all weekend of chordiestock, I know you are made for one. Happy NGD!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Roger - Great picture.   It reminds me of a guitar theme Norman Rockwell painting.  Congratulations on the NGD !!

How different is playing a 12 er vs. 6 string ?   I have never even seen a 12 in person. 
One last thing.... you are right... I think it is much like the wands of Harry Potter,  the guitars seem to pick us, not they other way around.  There definitely is an unspoken language out there between musicians and guitars.
Anyway - Congrats again - looking forward to hearing a few tunes played on it.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Sweeeet!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Did something very similar a few weeks back, passing a second hand shop I saw a Freshman 12er looking all seductive. Had to have it, the missus says I wasn't  very good on the 6er but now I'm twice as bad.
Have fun Roger.

Thick as two short planks

Way to go Roger! I always have liked the sound of a 12er just never got around to getting one nice photo too smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Congrats and Happy NGD!  Hope you left enough room in the suitcase.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Congrats Roger!!  And I agree with Jim, the pic looks like a Norman Rockwell painting.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Great shot, Roger, with a lot of passion showing. It's always a special day when one finds that guitar that's "just right" at the time.

Happy NGD Roger.

Congrats Roger!!  Does this mean you have to get another "wall hanger bracket" too?  smile  smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare