1 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-07-28 11:55:29)

Topic: Song for Bill and Dondra (and anyone else who has struggles)

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Song for Bill and Dondra (and anyone else who has struggles)

Very nice - I'm sure they'll like it a lot.

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

3 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-22 16:06:18)

TIG (Jim): Thanks SOOO much for this. When we get a quiet moment we'll sit and let D listen to it as well. However right now I'm fighting with one of her docs who wants to give her a drug which has the following warning and I need to get my act together and make some notes in our defense...... EDITED TO ADD: The word "Defense" is too strong. We're not being FORCED to take the meds. Maybe y'all will know what I mean. Not thinking to clearly right now. In haste,

Bill

===========================================================

WARNING

MORTALITY

In the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute's Cardiac Arrhythmia Suppression Trial (CAST), a long-term, multi-center, randomized, double-blind study in patients with asymptomatic non-life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias who had a myocardial infarction more than 6 days but less than 2 years previously, an increased rate of death or reversed cardiac arrest rate (7.7%; 56/730) was seen in patients treated with encainide or flecainide (Class IC antiarrhythmics) compared with that seen in patients assigned to placebo (3.0%; 22/725). The average duration of treatment with encainide or flecainide in this study was 10 months.

The applicability of the CAST results to other populations (e.g., those without recent myocardial infarction) or other antiarrhythmic drugs is uncertain, but at present, it is prudent to consider any IC antiarrhythmic to have a significant proarrhythmic risk in patients with structural heart disease. Given the lack of any evidence that these drugs improve survival, antiarrhythmic agents should generally be avoided in patients with non-life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias, even if the patients are experiencing unpleasant, but not life-threatening, symptoms or signs.

=============================================================

This is what I am dealing with at present, so excuse me if it's a while before I am in contact again. Zurf Thank you also for the tunes. I have listened to 2 of them as well while getting ready to go back to the hospital.

It's gettin' a little INtense here in Jawja, my friends.

Bye for now

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

TIG. I just happened to be stood by my guitar when I read your post. Played it through, I think its really fitting for Bill & Dondra. Perhaps we should also spare a thought for NELA and his good lady.

Thick as two short planks

I absolutely agree  - in the post title, I included everyone with struggles.  My best wishescertainly go out to NELA and his lady as well !!

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

keepitreal wrote:

TIG. I just happened to be stood by my guitar when I read your post. Played it through, I think its really fitting for Bill & Dondra. Perhaps we should also spare a thought for NELA and his good lady.

Double ditto!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

7 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-23 00:39:35)

Me too! I see dino's double dildo and raise him three more! smile

I just played it loud enough for D to hear in her bedroom, and I don't know if it was the stress from the past week and a half leaving us both or the words sung with such feeling that caused us both to tear up a little and hug and kiss at the end.

My friend, I can tell from your words and your voice that you are an old* soul with a kind and loving heart and I am very proud to know you.

Dondra will thank all of you personally asap. Right now she's in her jammies and about to head to "Dreamland".

Thanks once again for this wonderful gift to both of us, Jim.

Bill

*"old soul", in this instance has nothing to do with age, but you knew that already, right? wink

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I changed the lyrics a tad bit  - re made the demo

It's a lot better - the version - not my singing..:)

https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/lift-me-u … el-wings-1

TIGLJK wrote:

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

And NOT one B or B7 anywhere to be found, TIGger! smile smile smile. I had been meaning to tell you that, but with all the stuff that's been going on here, I just kept forgetting. Dondra just heard the latest version, liked it so much that she asked me to learn it for our anniversary.

"Which one?" (anniversary), I asked her.

^That's going to take some explaining and it's been a "private" joke just between she and I, but since you, TIG, along with all my other friends are now family, I'll let you in on it.

I may have mentioned that she and I are married for the second time (there were 22 years between marriage 1 and 2 with no other marriages inbetween - long story). Well, for some reason we both have been forgetting our second marriage's anniversary and have been going back and forth since about which one we ought to honor.

We still haven't come to a satisfactory date, so what do my friends here think?

Sounds like a song, don't it? smile smile smile

Ah, but that's my life: A sitcom, and I'm enjoying it more and more as I look back. Enjoying it more now that I'm part of our musical family, too!

Thanks a million, Jim for that beautiful, and more than fitting song which I plan to learn and sing for my bride who I loved so much I married her twice! smile

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Nice one TIGL Jim!  wink

Bill - I think this song will be fitting for an anniversary!  My personal opinion - celebrate them BOTH!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sounds good.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That's a very thoughtful and appropriate gesture on your part, TIG ... hat's off to ya, mate!