Topic: My Computer Gurus

Please help!

I am having trouble with a couple of things:

1. Thing one is my Chordie page doesn't go all the way to the top and I can still see my wallpaper. That Little "I" - looking thing is there, but it won't let me click on it and pull the page up.

2. Thing two is I can't get to the last post on a thread. I always have to scroll down. I believe it used to do that, but it doesn't now.

Thanks for any help!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: My Computer Gurus

Good Morning Bill,  The first thing that comes to mind is your screen resolution settings, could be that it's set too low (by default in your new installation) and the page is larger than the real estate you have to display it.  Right click out in the middle of your wallpaper and try increasing it a bit in the settings menu that should come up.  What makes me think that is your comment about not being able to click the header and move the frame around to center.

Let us know how it goes.

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi again, Doug

My machine is already at its highest resolution, but I must've done something right because it's not giving me that problem anymore.

Another problem is "establishing a secure connection" which appears at the bottom left. This really slows me down and I am wondering if there's a fix to delete this feature which I believe has to do with family safety. Knowing that "google is my friend", I tried there first. I have Google Chrome on W7 Premium. I have already tried services.msc,, but nothing comes up for me deactivate or I am not recognizing it.

Many thanks for your help, O Guru friend O'mine smile

Bill

Thanks

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Greetings Bill,  Getting any sleep?  Anyway the secure connection has something to do with the HTTPS: security protocol that it seems everybody has gone to.  It encrypts everything you transmit and receive to prevent "snooping", or spoofing you to malicious sites (works kinda like the "newer, nicer, simpler IRS".  All that encrypting and decrypting takes processor cycles that could be getting to the task of actually taking you where you want to go and displaying what you want to look at.  You should be able to disable the feature in your browser settings/preferences under security.

Generally if you type your requested site in the url box at the top of the browser window without the preface www or http, it should just whisk you off to webland without all the hocus-pocus.  Your defender antivirus and firewall should be able to filter out invalid certificates anyway, and I would suppose you aren't one of those folks that just clicks on everything that might pop-up warning you about detected malware and free ways to speed up your computer "just because we noticed it"...... nothing on the internet is "free" and if you didn't request it, you shouldn't click-it!.

But then again you might as well be doing something while you're waiting fir the darn thing to connect to our "secure server"...... like a few choruses of "Waiting for the World To Change" by John Mayer?

Take Care Bud;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

smile smile Thanks, Doug. I just slept a couple of hours and woke up at 1:00 am. So it's not as bad as it was, thanks. I forgot to tell you - thinking it's my windows firewall I went to services and disabled it. Apparently it wasn't the firewall because it's still doing it, so I'm gonna try what you said.

I've been going to the "short-cut" icons on the desktop, so I guess that's what's bringing up those family protection thingies.

I just went into google security and futzed around there, so I will see if that helped the problem. If not, I wrote down what I did.

Thanks Doug! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass